Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO XL View Post
What are you talking about? Seems to be quite a few GTO wagons on this thread!
On a serious note, i think we all know there were never any legitimate GTO wagons produced, but there were a few Grand Am wagons produced in 73.

Would y'all consider the Monkee mobile a sort-of GTO wagon?

That makes me think of something else, how the hell would you put in a 3rd row seat like the big Pontiac wagons sometimes had? That would be a very cool addition, you could scare even more people in it then!
I beleive in 1972 there was about 4, special built for Pontiac employees. I may be wrong on this, I am going from memory on a few articles I saw about 25 years ago. The '72 GTOs were back to being an option on the Lemans by then, so it was a lot easier to equip one as such on the assembly line. If Pontiac had issued a Tempest wagon on the Vista Cruiser/ Sportwagon wheelbase, and included the skyroof, that would be on neat car IMO. Those intermediate wagons had the third seat option, but were built on a 120" wheelbase.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatwgn View Post
I beleive in 1972 there was about 4, special built for Pontiac employees. I may be wrong on this, I am going from memory on a few articles I saw about 25 years ago. The '72 GTOs were back to being an option on the Lemans by then, so it was a lot easier to equip one as such on the assembly line. If Pontiac had issued a Tempest wagon on the Vista Cruiser/ Sportwagon wheelbase, and included the skyroof, that would be on neat car IMO. Those intermediate wagons had the third seat option, but were built on a 120" wheelbase.
Those were Lemans wagons with endura front ends, effectively a GTO wagon I suppose.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Those were Lemans wagons with endura front ends, effectively a GTO wagon I suppose.
These particular ones actually had GTO badges on them as well. Jim Hands wagon is a '71, and his came with the Endura option. Would have been nice if they would have offered that on the '68-'70 Tempest/Lemans wagon as well.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Having a big red wagon would be awesome, and if I ever restore my GTO go kart back to red, it'd look pretty nice in the rear cargo area.
The go kart won't fit in the wagon. I tried to put my GTO go kart in the wagon for storage purposes. Even if it did fit, you'd need special ramps, as you cannot pick up the go kart with the fiberglass GTO body attached.

Luke

Old 03-06-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatwgn View Post
These particular ones actually had GTO badges on them as well. Jim Hands wagon is a '71, and his came with the Endura option. Would have been nice if they would have offered that on the '68-'70 Tempest/Lemans wagon as well.
That's cool about the 72s, wasn't sure that they had GTO badges. Did they have different vin #'s or what? 400s or 455s?

My dad cloned over a 68 or 69 wagon for Curtis Judd a few years back, in fact I barely remember that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook1 View Post
Here are a pictures of my projects.
Sell me your roof rack!!!! I am moving to Florida and need it to haul my boards to the beach!

Too bad my go kart won't fit, I'll just have to build a trailer.

Last edited by GTO XL; 03-06-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 PM

contact me directly about the roof rack. Ldshook1@comcast.net

Old 03-06-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:

Hope this works...
Is that a mustang hood scoop, early Ford truck scoop, or 6o's Super Duty hood scoop?

Old 03-06-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:

Too bad my go kart won't fit, I'll just have to build a trailer.
I have an open trailer out back, but the go kart is probably too long. You'd probably want an enclosed trailer anyway.

Luke

Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook1 View Post
Is that a mustang hood scoop, early Ford truck scoop, or 6o's Super Duty hood scoop?
It is the scoop that Arnie Beswich pulled off of early 60's Ford trucks and had Pontiac give it a part # so that he could use it in superstock racing. So yes, both a Ford scoop and a Pontiac Super Duty piece.