Old 09-23-2002, 12:15 PM

i havent, but have u guys ever raced your cars against kids in thier rice rockets?

www.teamonyx.com

Old 09-23-2002, 12:15 PM

i havent, but have u guys ever raced your cars against kids in thier rice rockets?

www.teamonyx.com

Old 09-23-2002, 01:15 PM

won't waste my time and gas racing one of those chopped up shopping carts!

Have a good story though!

One of those oversized fart piped, 747 wing mobiles pulled next to me in my judge at the light! Two youngsters with their mushroom caps on backwards were looking at me reving that sewing machine up and laughing!!! so I reved mine a few times...just cause!
this little whipper snapper left when the light turned green with a slight squeak of a tire!
He kept in it for quite some time and must of had that thing up to 65 in a 40 in 20sec flat. I proceeded to leave like a normal person! and somewhere between me and him pulled out the old red and blue!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] A few more feet and there they sit on the side of the road with the strong arm flexing his muscle at his side window!!!
I proceeded to drive by, slow down next to them and give them one last couple of revs with a big grin [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !!!

They sure didn't look too happy then [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2002, 07:40 PM
Senior Chief

I never raced one but the other night I was driving home and I hear what sounds like a weed wacker screeming. I look in the oncomming lanes and here comes a Honda with all the writing across the windshild , Salami slicer wing on the back deck and 12 inch wide tires that are a inch tall and he is racing a Dodge Mini Van and the Mini Van is pulling him by two car lenghts.

http://ultimategto.com/rest05.htm

Old 09-24-2002, 12:41 AM
Senior Chief

I don't think it would be appropriate to call what would take place between a Pontiac and a Honda an actual "race." I think most ricers would have a hard time against a stock 2-bbl. 326 equipped car! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] There actually is a few low 12 second and high 11 second daily driver imports running around here, but even a low 13 second/high 12 second V-8 car can hand them their ass at will on the street -- the ricers just can't hang with the torque even a basic V-8 produces, especially off the line. The fun part is to hunt down the "fast" ones, because you know they'll ask for a race, and then reply, "Do you have $500.00 to make it interesting?" You then have the pleasure of watching them slowly motor away from the stop light with their tail tucked between their legs.

Alternatively, look for Toyota Supra guys. Ask them if they'd be interested in setting up a race. Inevitably, the answer will be "no." Then ask them "Why not? Is too late to call your mechanic to have him come put your good tires on for you?" Enjoy the different shades of red their face turns before they tell you one of two guaranteed answers.

1)"F*ck off!"

2)"I'll race you any time down the curvy section of such and such freeway!"

Yeah, REALLY impressive! Please, although they're not imports, don't leave out the Corvette crowd, especially the '97-later crowd. Cruise the aisles of a local car show where there's guaranteed to be a herd of late model Corvettes, and then announce in a loud voice, "I've never seen so many nice Acura NSX's at once!" They're so busy living their mid-life crisis and pampering their blow-dried hair that they won't even look you in the eye, let alone race! It's high-quality entertainment, for sure!

One final note, if you want to have a hearty laugh, check out Ghetto Technologies.com. Great import stuff -- absolutely hilarious! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"My car would be fast if it had an engine, transmission, and rear axle in it."

Old 09-24-2002, 07:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Please, although they're not imports, don't leave out the Corvette crowd, especially the '97-later crowd. Cruise the aisles of a local car show where there's guaranteed to be a herd of late model Corvettes, and then announce in a loud voice, "I've never seen so many nice Acura NSX's at once!" They're so busy living their mid-life crisis and pampering their blow-dried hair that they won't even look you in the eye, let alone race! It's high-quality entertainment, for sure!

"My car would be fast if it had an engine, transmission, and rear axle in it."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the newer corvettes. I think that if I had the money, I would probably get one and I am only 26. Check out this video of a Lingenfelter corvette racing a 13 second DSM! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

http://media.racingflix.com/videos/l...er_vs_dsm.mpeg

Old 09-24-2002, 04:52 PM

HAHAHAHAHAAaaaaa the Miami Rice site is SOOOO funny, i also go to ricecop.com haha

too bad the G-Tec site isnt up right now, i bet its a riot!

www.teamonyx.com

Old 09-24-2002, 06:52 PM
Senior Chief

I like the Corvettes also. They're fun to hunt down on a Saturday night and beat up on from a stoplight. Vipers too. I figure these "super" cars gotta serve some purpose, right? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2002, 09:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to 62 Prix

My husband and I were sitting at a red light one night in out 62 Grand Prix it has a 389 tri-power when one of those little weed wackers pulled up with a couple of real young kids driving it and asked Dave to race. He looked over at them and while laughing hysterically said you want to race me with that. They followed us for about a mile after we finished with our teasing we then decided to loose them. Haven't seen them around since. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Diane Lewis

Old 09-27-2002, 09:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Can't say that I've had any rice burners try to drag race my 69 428 bird yet.
But I have had a lot of compliments from them though.
The biggest question they ask me is" how fast is it in the quarter?"
They're fairly well intimidated when I pull up to a stop light in the bird.
The car still has a rough idle at 1,200 rpm, add in the deep rumble from the 3" exhaust.
And I think they know they're out of their league.

Old 09-27-2002, 09:32 AM

This guy I know (not really a friend) is trying to get me to race him and his Honda SI in my GMC Sonoma 4 cylinder 5-speed. I keep telling him I will pull the Firebird out of the driveway if he wants to race, but he always declines. My firebird isn't even really modified that much yet too..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Drink Beer.

Old 09-27-2002, 11:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

A few month ago I was minding my own business at a signal in my rumbling 71 Pontiac w/455 and dual exhaust. We of one of those guys pulls up and toots his fart horn. I look over at him and he gives me the nod. So of course when the light turns, I punch the old girl and by the 60ft mark I am already a car length ahead of him. Now that doesn’t sound like much, but I was in my 5100lb 71 Grand Safari Wagon! I think he probably went home and cried!

TigerEFI.com (Classic Pontiac Fuel Injection)
Jack@TigerEFI.com
Motto: Build it for NASA and drive it like you stole it!

TigerEFI.com (Classic Pontiac Fuel Injection)
2004 GTO Company car, 1994 TA 25th Anv, 1971 Grand Safari Wagon, 1968 GTO EFI, 1968 GTO Stock, 1968 GTO Convertible in desperate need of restoration.

Old 09-30-2002, 08:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to spamburger17

Im workin on my 68 Tempest right now, and had a mismatched intake w/ my recently installed cam (i was anxious to get my 4bbl on and the intake was cheap) so i had about 1/3 the power i should have had out of my P350. Some ricer was stopped near me at a stop light and revved his motor at another one crossin the intersection, i laughed and revved mine and he took off after me at the green. i was just hit the gas alittle harder than normal and was goin about 45, half a carlength infront of the ricer who had it floored and gone through about 2 gears already, then he followed me for a few blocks, i guess tryin to intimidate me. i couldnt stop laughing that night.

Old 10-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Two most comical stoplight encounters come to mind...

First the old guy about 65yrs who said he used to have one just like mine back when he got out of the service, but mine sounds like it is "running a little rough aint it?" (69 GTO with 3" SpinTechs and enough cam to provide the 468 plenty of chop at idle.)

Last year, literally on the way home with the car before its disassembly my buddy and I were taking it on a final Friday night cruise, so I could not resist giving a little bumble-bee sounding thing next to us a good loud revving at the light(think it was a Honda, but not sure, don't care to notice they all look alike to me). Sure enough the two guys inside ask if we want to race. Right about then the light changes, and with about 1/2 pedal I pull the guy thru 1st and into second with a nice little tire chirp. While me and my friend have a good laugh. About 3/4 of a mile later after we stopped laughing and were cruising along about 50 in the 45 zone... here comes the ricer with his engine just crying for mercy and doing about 80 flying past us! Damn he was going NEARLY fast enough for that F1 style wing on his decklid to actually start having some downforce!! Next stoplight a couple miles ahead, they are waiting for us all proud of their "win." I practically had to pull of the road to stop from laughing so hard.

Old 10-04-2002, 11:27 PM
Senior Chief

Yeah, those wings work really well. Downforce on just the rear of the car is good on front-wheel drive cars, right? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Especially when they have an aftermarket nose piece installed with a gaping hole for an intercooler, and no intercooler. That big open space is great to get air rushing in under the hood and providing for a little "lift". That, combined with the downforce on the rear of the car, has to be great for unloading the front tires and reducing both traction & handling. These friggin' guys are engineering marvels.

Old 11-15-2002, 11:16 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ponchopete:
I like the Corvettes also. They're fun to hunt down on a Saturday night and beat up on from a stoplight. Vipers too. I figure these "super" cars gotta serve some purpose, right? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"My car would be fast if it had an engine, transmission, and rear axle in it."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to easy to "beat up" on a Viper. Your typical V10 Viper should manage 12s completely stock. There aren't that many 455 powered cars that I know of that do better than that and are street driven. Truly a modern muscle car.

Old 11-17-2002, 10:42 AM
Senior Chief

I got spanked by a supra in a 13 second Chevelle at test and tune night. Damn thing ran high elevens. In the staging lanes I was thinking, "Those things are supposed to be fast." in the return lane I'm thinking "Those things are fast." I didn't know it was a Supra until a friend told me, said it had twin turbos and nawwwws. It had a factory spoiler, (I think, it wasn't a big one.) And duals with moderate sized tips. It was a ricer, but not a stupid ricer.
Fast is fast...

http://motorhead.iwarp.com
.030 over 455. Balanced and blue-painted.

http://motorhead.iwarp.com
"Not gonna happen, Slim the Slender Gender Bender." The Book of Misus. Chapter 4, verse 18
Old 11-17-2002, 10:56 AM
Senior Chief

Those Supras are quick right out of the box. My wife's cousin owns two of them, a 1995, and a 1997, and the '95 runs low 13's, and the '97 high 12's.

Old 11-18-2002, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We need to be nice to ricers. Where else will we get decent comedy these days ???

Honest dad, that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 TH400 74cc KRE d-ports piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.50 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s
Old 11-21-2002, 12:30 PM

67's right, ricers are a joke. I'm 19, so I unfortunately am "friends" with alot of rice burners, and I find it pretty disgusting. 4 of my friends are really into it, which means they get all of the graphics, wings, ground effects, and coffe can mufflers, you know all the stuff from Pep Boys that really makes their cars go faster. Since I just bought a new TA, they are always trying to get me to race. So I accepted, and showed up in my moms 1999 Astro Van. We have a stretch of road that is about a 1/4 mile we always race on, and what do ya know, the Astro beat the living crap out of 3 of the 4 ricers. I have never been so proud to be an American. The one who beat me was a turbocharged Eclipse, who then wanted to run with the TA, so again I accepted and my 355 Chevy (dammit) powered '80 TA with 2.56 rearend slaughtered him. He quit by about 150 feet. I am losing alot of respect for my peers, it's cool they are into cars, but they aren't into the right ones if you want to go fast. American muscle is the only way to go.
Just my thoughts, Alex