Old 02-09-2003, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

the movie might be good,but if they have newer muscle cars, then those guys r gonna start jocking the movie and become dicks. just like when the first part came out, everyone was trying ot be like that.

My 1970 firebird being turned into a 73 t/a clone g-machine. brewster green of course. lowered 1 inch. 17's all around.

Old 02-13-2003, 01:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

Well,I will admit that I know of a couple of street driven ricers that will run 12's(high 12's) in the 1/4.However....those guys have thousands of dollars poured into them and they still sound like a pissed off bumble bee to me.I could spend less than half what they have spent and blow there doors off .....and sound a whole lot better too.Aanyway,I figure it will come to an end at some point.
Colin

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will loose both."-Benjamin Franklin
Old 02-14-2003, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i'm hoping for it too, but does not look like it will

My 1970 firebird being turned into a 73 t/a clone g-machine. brewster green of course. lowered 1 inch. 17's all around.

Old 02-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

they suck so bad too, peopel waste somuch money on them too

Old 02-16-2003, 11:25 AM

but at least if it were late model muscle cars the cars being copied would be american! and how much different would it be, everyone is building mustangs and f-bodies anyway?

Old 02-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

true

Old 02-23-2003, 04:33 PM

It's a contagious disease over here in Mandeville, LA. Its a family suburbs city with too many teens. I too hear the fart pipes buzzing by all night. Yesterday I took a picture that exemplifies the import "look". An old civic CRX with dents like a hail storm and the largest chrome muffler hanging a foot past the rear bumper with twin chrome tips. The best part was the yellow nylon rope wrapped around it and skillfully tied to the trunk latch. I cant wait to post it for you all. As far as racing goes, I just touch the gas to leave the light/stop sign and they immediately vanish from my view. I'm not racing them, but I dont think they are aware of this. My kids will never rice, I'd rather help them build a Ford.

Pontiac's that haul ass with Pontiac engines!

Old 02-28-2003, 02:26 AM

Don't polish too hard on that Honda boy! The Budweiser labels are gonna show through!

Save your empty beer cans! The Japanese need 'em to make cars!

Old 02-28-2003, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ricer r werid looking and slow, all that money that parents give there kids or the kids working buy is poinless, they crash them tryin to show off or spend all the money on the paint and kits. a big loss of money,would never give my kid money to make somethin slow.....welll slow

There are only so many green M&M's a man can eat before he wants a blue M&M !!!!(by 72lemans)

Old 03-01-2003, 01:49 AM

"Souping up" a ricer is like raising a pig on a diet of gourmet ice cream. It's really expensive, and when you're done all you've got is a pig!

Save your empty beer cans! The Japanese need 'em to make cars!

Old 03-01-2003, 05:11 AM

It's not the dual turbo Supras you have to worry about. They are decent, but the single turbo conversions crank out a pretty easy 600HP. I've seen 'em run 10-11s at the strip. With the exception of the turboed up Hondas and Eclipses, the rest all stay in the 16-18 range.

Corvettes are all over the map. Most of the stock '80s and '90s vettes only had 220-300 HP. But, then you run into the ZR-1s and new Z06s that can run mid 12s stock and it's a different story.

Next to the ricers, I find the Camaro drivers the most aggressive on the street. They, and the Mustang crowd like to tune up those LS-1s and 4.6s with everything from exhaust to blowers and really go after anything that looks like a challenge. I don't know how a good running GTO or FB would stand up to those that are using forced air.

I do know my ZR-1 is a lot faster than my GTO...in both 1/4 and especially top speed. The ZR-1 is extremely hard to control off the line even with the 11"+ tires, and it takes 2-3 shifts to the end of the 1/4. I have never powerbraked my GTO, but it does shift faster than doing the 6-speed. I'm not gonna break anything trying, but I would guess the GTO is good for 14s. It's stock, but has a HO cam and 3:54(?) gears.

On the street the ZR-1 is so quick and nimble that its more fun to drive, but the GTO is much more fun to cruise in.

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing (G.B.Shaw). At least that's my excuse.

Old 03-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck Jones:
"Souping up" a ricer is like raising a pig on a diet of gourmet ice cream. It's really expensive, and when you're done all you've got is a pig!

Save your empty beer cans! The Japanese need 'em to make cars!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cnat put it any better then that chuck, good job

There are only so many green M&M's a man can eat before he wants a blue M&M !!!!(by 72lemans)

Old 03-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

1968 GTO-455, Muncie M-21, Limited Slip, Being Painted Turquoise Blue With White Royal Bobcat Stripes
1972 GTO-455, Ram Air IV Cam, 6X Heads, Headers, Performer Intake, Q-Jet, Th400, 3.55's. Cardinal Red
1966 LeMans-Aquiring soon. Want to add 389/3x2's, 4-speed, GTO hood, and Burgendy paint.
Heart Of Illinois GTO's Member

Heart Of Illinois GTO club member

"This aint no damn Chevelle"

Old 03-05-2003, 08:23 PM

Well I have seen it all now. While surfing the web I saw something called "Monkey Bars" which is a fake roll cage you put in the back of your ricer. The disclaimer says "Not for Race applications, show and styling only". $200 for a fake ugly yellow cage that takes up your whole back seat, how ridiculous! These are too funny, just surf or look under import race parts. These clowns are paying 200 for a damn air filter! What next wheelie bars for these front wheel drivers? How bout parachutes with no chute in the box? Maybe I should open a store, but I just couldnt live with myself.

Pontiac's that haul ass with Pontiac engines!

Old 03-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Senior Chief

No, you haven't seen it all quite yet. How about this? There is some company out there making a speaker box for a single subwoofer that is the same size of a nitrous bottle, and painted blue with a chrome dummy valve sticking out of the top to make it look like the real deal. I saw them in Audio Express a while back. I just had to ask what the hell the deal was with those, and the sales person said that they were "huge" with the import crowd. Just when you think ricers couldn't possibly be any dumber, they go ahead and take it to the next level. I would rather push a jacked up, disco paint job '78 Camaro Berlinetta than drive a hopped up import.

"My car would be fast if it had an engine, transmission, and rear axle in it."

Old 03-06-2003, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ricers r very dumb, they have bright ass lights under there cars. dont see the point there and they wonder why cops pull them over . those lighs r so bright.oh yea the new thing over here is LAMBORGHINI doors, they r paying 2500 + for the doors to do that.so much money goes into those cars. the funny thing is they put body kits and a cheap ass paint job and they think its a show car .

Old 03-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yeah, a local ricer guy took his ricer to another shop from the one he owns to get fixed. What does that say about that shop??/

1968 GTO-455, Muncie M-21, Limited Slip, Being Painted Turquoise Blue With White Royal Bobcat Stripes
1972 GTO-455, Ram Air IV Cam, 6X Heads, Headers, Performer Intake, Q-Jet, Th400, 3.55's. Cardinal Red
1966 LeMans-Aquiring soon. Want to add 389/3x2's, 4-speed, GTO hood, and Burgendy paint.

Old 03-09-2003, 11:53 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Danny Rockhead:
Well I have seen it all now. While surfing the web I saw something called "Monkey Bars" which is a fake roll cage you put in the back of your ricer. The disclaimer says "Not for Race applications, show and styling only". $200 for a fake ugly yellow cage that takes up your whole back seat, how ridiculous! These are too funny, just surf or look under import race parts. These clowns are paying 200 for a damn air filter! What next wheelie bars for these front wheel drivers? How bout parachutes with no chute in the box? Maybe I should open a store, but I just couldnt live with myself.

Pontiac's that haul ass with Pontiac engines!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried finding those "monkey bars" so I could goof on some import owners I know(tuners, not ricers) but couldn't. Any idea where to look?

Nothing is real if you don't believe in yourself-Rocky Balboa

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 03-09-2003, 06:04 PM

I don't know if you think my 92 Turbo AWD Talon is "rice" or not, but I got invited to race some old American muscle a couple months ago out on some backroad. It was two '67 and one '69 Camaro, all small-blocks. The first '67 I raced had an aggresive sounding cam and ported stock heads, we left the line at the same time and I pulled about 3 cars in 1st, and 2 more in 2nd and 3rd then I let off. The other '67 wouldn't race me unless I let him leave first (complained about AWD being unfair) so I let him leave and then caught him in 2nd gear and passed him in 3rd, pulled 2 more cars in fourth. The '69 was the fastest out of the bunch because he was shooting 150hp nitrous, but he wouldn't race me. I wish he had it would have been a good race, his car is quick.

Old 03-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wouldnt really call it rice, I'd respect that its fast, but I'd never buy one.