Old 08-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have an interesting story about the deal between Milt and Otis.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 08-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Muscle Collector ... I agree ... these cars are meant to be driven. This weekend on the way to Woodward I was doing 115 in my car and it was awesome to see the look on my friends face. Car ran strong and smoother than smooth.

My son (22 now) still talks about the afternoon in NJ some 14 years ago when I had my '65 Bonnie Convert with 4spd 421 HO Tripower doing 115 down a beautiful country road! He still smiles when he talks about it!

Great memories.

1970 GTO Convertible 455 Ram Air M-21, Atoll/Blue/Black, Hood Tach, 3:31 12-Bolt Posi, A/C, Console

1966 Grand Prix 421 Tripower 4spd, Marina Turquoise/Turquoise, a/c, console, posi, reverb. pa, pb, ps, remote mirror, mats

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic, 6spd Hemi, Detonator Yellow, black stripe, black leather
Old 08-19-2009, 11:50 AM

I sooo agree...if you're just going to polish it and look at it...you might as well buy a teeny lil model you can put on your shelf...and leave the real cars for us that use and enjoy them.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

While I agree with you I don't begrudge anyone who wants to tow their cars all around and spend loads of time washing and polishing their spark plugs. Those are the cars I get to buy later on and drive them all over the place.

People think I'm nuts BUT I'm smiling all the time. Today I got the Goat out. I pastor a church and one of my 18 y.o. members has his deceased dad's '78 Vette out in the parking lot. Another one of my 75 y.o. members drives his '48 Ford Convertible and/or his '31 Ford Roadster, and/or his '73? Camino all over, another friend and member bought his wife an IROC that she drives around alot. We're building a great team of church members who love Jesus and really like their cars to drive!

1970 GTO Convertible 455 Ram Air M-21, Atoll/Blue/Black, Hood Tach, 3:31 12-Bolt Posi, A/C, Console

1966 Grand Prix 421 Tripower 4spd, Marina Turquoise/Turquoise, a/c, console, posi, reverb. pa, pb, ps, remote mirror, mats

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic, 6spd Hemi, Detonator Yellow, black stripe, black leather
Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

that is actually the reason i decided to sell the car. i realized that the condition of the car was going down in the way of getting dirty. i knew that i couldnt hose down the undercarriage because that would cause all the little paper tags on the nos parts to fall off and it seems that once road dust settles on painted surfaces, it never goes completely away. it was just too nice to keep and abuse.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I noticed a couple of 69 T/A's on ebay, were these owned in the past by anyone here?

2004 GTO - Sold
2006 GTO - Sold
1970 GTO - Sold
1972 Trans Am - Sold
1970 Trans Am - Current Project
Old 08-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

got the links

Old 08-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
that is actually the reason i decided to sell the car. i realized that the condition of the car was going down in the way of getting dirty. i knew that i couldnt hose down the undercarriage because that would cause all the little paper tags on the nos parts to fall off and it seems that once road dust settles on painted surfaces, it never goes completely away. it was just too nice to keep and abuse.
Not to mention the sticky seats and hood! I'll bet you did not tell that story to Dave until after he drove it. He never would have sat in that seat!

Old 08-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Suspended

thats a good picture of robs ta convertible,but im kind of partial to the 70 ta setting next to it.that would be my 70 ta with the aluminum rav engine in it.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
that car had quite the colorful life while i owned it. everything from my wife and i having sex in the back and front seats and on the hood, (just to say i did it) and every time i took that car out, we literally thrashed it. i took it to the indian uprising in kansas one year and smoked the tires down the quarter mile. (i actually had people booing me for it). i have video of my brother and a friend of mine as we have the top down and driving over 100 mph down a country road. dave told me before he passed away, that it was the funnest thing he ever did when i forced him to smoke the living daylights out of the tires (not once, but several times that day). trailer queens suck. they were built to be driven as a performance car and should be.

I thought that was the one - ridden hard and put away wet?

One of your best stories is the one of how Todd bought it, or thought he did.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978