Old 05-09-2001, 11:31 PM

I too have a 74 and some questions, comments and pictures. First, has anyone else had trouble getting their Hooker 4901's (or other headers) to seal against the heads? I've got a decent little leak on no. 7 cylinder I could do without. I wouldn't mind sharing stories, pics or possibly even advice with interested parties. My e-mail address is danroy@betaraven.com.

------------------

Old 05-09-2001, 11:31 PM

I too have a 74 and some questions, comments and pictures. First, has anyone else had trouble getting their Hooker 4901's (or other headers) to seal against the heads? I've got a decent little leak on no. 7 cylinder I could do without. I wouldn't mind sharing stories, pics or possibly even advice with interested parties. My e-mail address is danroy@betaraven.com.

------------------

Old 05-09-2001, 11:44 PM
Senior Chief

I am running Kassler 4 tubes on my 74 GOAT! I haven't had any problems so far with them! What heads are you running? Have they ever been re-done? They might need to be milled to straighten the exhaust ports?!?!? I have also used a straight file to check the headers for trueness! You can also use the red RTV to healp them seal! I would be very interested in seeing your car and knowing what you have done to it! My e-mail address is badgoat@aol.com, drop me a note here or there! I will try and get in touch with you also!

Old 12-24-2001, 08:47 PM

Goatboy did you get your header leak straighten out.I too have a 74 GTO with a 455 bored 0.60 with a nitride crank,stock rods forged pistons,moly rings TFX'S 248/248 solid cam with .582 lift with 1.65 Cranes full r/rockers,ported,polished #46 74 gto heads that flows 246 cfm at .500 lift.The heads has been fitted with 2.11/1.77 s/s valves,4speed m-22 trans and 3.73 gears that runs 7.3's 1/8 mile(11.5's 1/4).I use hooker's super comp headers.What I did was cut the flange with a saw-saw that connects the tubes without any leaks.Hopes this helps.