Old 08-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70RAlll View Post
Giles, I completely agree. I hope that some of the judging erors aren't of malicious intent,but I wonder sometimes. Seems certian restorers are "wired in" and always end up in the magazines,getting great scores for cars that are nice, but not perfect etc... then again, I am drifting away from this threads subject.. so that is enough...
I feel compelled to chime in here. In the past I felt like many of you, that the judging at the T/A Nats was shall we say, lacking as well. When I complained about the job done tech’ing the cars I found myself in a full time job for the weekend tech’ing cars! I invite any of you experts out there to join us in tech and we can all get a better, more consistent job. Believe me; it’s not as easy as it looks. We do try to do the best we can and each of us have more knowledge in certain years compared to others. We can’t always catch everything, we can’t get to every car of our individual specialties when it’s lined up and we certainly don’t know everything. There are owners who simply try to mislead us or catch us in errors. We are always open to discussion if someone thinks we are wrong and can prove it. There is a tech meeting Friday at 10:00 AM (I think or is it 11:00?) to go over the rules, I invite any of you to take an extra day off work like we do and join us.

As far as judging, if you read the judging standards, it’s not about how correct a car is at all. It is all about presentation once the car is classified (how clean, detailed, how the paint looks and the body panels fit and so on). How correct a car is, is determined when it is tech’ed, not while it is being judged. Maybe that’s why some of you feel that you have not been judged correctly in the past…

1970 RAIV GTO 4-speed
1974 Original owner Z-28 4-speed
2008 SRT10 Viper Very Orange (was SD TA!)
2015 Challenger Hellcat 6spd (was SD TA!)
Old 08-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dick, if I ever get to the T/A Nats, I will be happy to help. I certainly don't know everything, but I do know somethings. I'm sure that it is a great learning experience.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Where and when are the Nats this year?

Thanks,
BJ

Old 08-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Aug 22-24 in Dayton Ohio.

TA NATS

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates