Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-09-2016, 10:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, teardown and inspection after the full pass will be a few weeks. I am sooooo far behind in my regular work, I have to get caught up some before I can pull the engine. We looked at the oil and cut the filters open, they looked very clean. I leaked the engine and #1 and #2 had some leakage and I anticipate seeing ring lands squished a little. I am pretty optimistic right now. Others reading this need to realize it is typical to hurt some pistons every run. At the Hot Rod reunion, every nitro funny car replaced pistons more than once during the weekend. These are purpose built, billet block Hemi's from TFX, Brad Anderson, and Alan Johnson. Our goal is to run a weekend event without changing pistons or bearings. We are getting close on the bearings. Pistons are tough. The wedge engine is very hard on them. We are making improvements. I will post results when available.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We pretty much abandoned all our other responsibilities the last couple weeks and now it's catch up time. I did a brake job on son-in-laws car tonite. Now babysitting our grandson. Have to fix wife's Hummer tomorrow. Mike is expecting a new grandson in a week or so.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 08-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well done guys and make sure you catch up on life! I know what my week was like leading upto Norwalk and IT WAS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT YOU ALL ACCOMPLISHED! So glad I was able to witness that pass. Looked and sounded awesome.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike, Eric and Crew,

I just wanted to say what great job you did in making the event. All the hard work to recover from breakage and make the biggest event of the year has to feel pretty good this week. I didn't get the chance to stop by or see the run, but I certainly heard it as you blasted by.

I also wanted to comment about Mike stating his main job is keeping you guys safe, that's a leader right there and someone you can rely on.

Keep up the efforts as it's much appreciated from the Pontiac community.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 08-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Link to video of Boss Bird's pass:

Boss Bird

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats to all involved. It was a very special occasion to witness that pass while standing next to another legend...Mr. Jack Gifford. Wow!!! and Thanks for the memories. Stay with it.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Boost Engineer

I was smiling the whole time Jack, (Pontiac Jack), was showing me his "Dual Overhead Camshaft Prototype Head" Engine with the aluminum 4 cylinder block and the 14-71 supercharger.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was great meeting Eric and crew.
Also Pontiac Jack, who I haven't seen for quite a few years.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates