Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default The Official Deadbeat eBay Thread

Post up your problem people here so fellow PY'ers can block deadbeat bidders and avoid shady sellers. This info could save you some hassle. I have had relatively good luck on eBay with over 800 total transactions but some of these people are just nuts!

All these people are losers and should be avoided at all costs!
__________________________________________________ ________________

Bill Hunton (parts55chv) not a registered user
Smyrma, GA
770-584-6371 or 770-468-5606
parts567chevy@aol.com

Bill took me for $22 and may be registered under a new eBay account.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Chad Rivers (hurricaneautoexport) 11 Negatives and counting
Brandon, FL
813-781-3919
rattcrusher455@yahoo.com

Chad never sent 69 GTO turn signal bezel I paid for and never returned phone calls.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

nomad552bal nomad55bal@hotmail.com 2 Negatives and counting
robert romano
switzgabel rd.
hc1 box 1390
brodheadsville, PA 18322

Robert never paid for a 66 GTO dash. Leaves retalitory negative feedback.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

lunaboy lunadogs@hotmail.com 13 Negatives and counting
Alfredo Tinajero
6114 nth 23rd st
arlington, VA 22205

Alfredo bid on and won 67 GTO convertible beltline mouldings and backed out of deal. Stated "Feedback Goes Both Ways" in an email if I gave him a negative for not paying.

ja06484 aponte1127@aol.com 4 Negatives and counting
Joseph Aponte
18 Princess Terrace
Shelton, CT 06484

Deadbeat bidder on $120 lower valence for 68 GTO.

Other eBay users I have blocked from bidding on my auctions.

arrowheadaddict, bdemat1, bighoigy, bonessix, dealmaker1947, dizydane, glfs4par, hotroddersshop, ja06484, jamesr7697, jbarboni7, joelprix66, lunaboy, mrc.engr, navscreen, nomad552bal, peteh1560, redlemans1969, rmhguy, trans_am_pro, uttergto, zortymark

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 08-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

EBay ID: fat-block
Somewhere in New Jersey

Total deadbeat agreed to by my 67 GTO outside of EBay as long as I would end the auction early. I ended the auction and he backed out and did not pay my $120 listing and final value fees.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks tripower this is exactly the kind of info we need on this thread.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 08-18-2007, 12:30 AM

EBay ID: johnlee71ho
Ohio

Sold me a set of H-beam rods and claimed they were for press fit pins. Turns out they were for floaters. He later admitted he didn't know the difference. Offered to finally give some of my money back. (less 20%) Still doesn't understand why I was upset. I resold them to a member here.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower
EBay ID: fat-block
Somewhere in New Jersey

Total deadbeat agreed to by my 67 GTO outside of EBay as long as I would end the auction early. I ended the auction and he backed out and did not pay my $120 listing and final value fees.
No offense but isn't ending an auction early so you can sell outside of E-bay, kinda wrong too? E-bay gets the buyers for you then you try to cut them out of the deal? This is Karma at work here! Sorry, just the way I see it.

520-409-7236
Koerner Racing Engines
You killed it, We build it!
520-294-5758

64 GTO, under re-construction, 412 CID, also under construction.
87 S-10 Pickup, 321,000 miles
99Monte Carlo, 293,000 miles
86 Bronco, 218,000 miles
Old 08-22-2007, 09:21 PM

garysgtogoodies

But most people know that.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtofreek
No offense but isn't ending an auction early so you can sell outside of E-bay, kinda wrong too? E-bay gets the buyers for you then you try to cut them out of the deal? This is Karma at work here! Sorry, just the way I see it.
Not if he stated on the auction that the car was for sale locally and he reserved the right to end the bidding early.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:02 PM

Not trying to take over a thread and but this is kind of along the same lines. I have been looking at 67 GTO's for the past month trying to get a idea on what I am going to be paying in the future for another one. I have never bought anything on Ebay before but I have noticed some deals "to good to be true". There is a 67 GTO convertible just listed that has a buy it now price of $7900.00. Guess there is all kinds of "deals" and people you have to be wary of...

Old 08-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

don't sell to joe aponte unless you want to be worried to death. I ended up practically giving my part away to him just to make sure I was doing the right thing but it was NOT worth the headache. was rude every time.....even to my secretaries. Major Pain.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO Noob
Not if he stated on the auction that the car was for sale locally and he reserved the right to end the bidding early.
Thanks, I obviously had that provision in my ad for ending it early (as it was for sale locally) but did not see it worth responding to his post above. Anyway, back to the topic…

Old 08-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostgoat
Not trying to take over a thread and but this is kind of along the same lines. I have been looking at 67 GTO's for the past month trying to get a idea on what I am going to be paying in the future for another one. I have never bought anything on Ebay before but I have noticed some deals "to good to be true". There is a 67 GTO convertible just listed that has a buy it now price of $7900.00. Guess there is all kinds of "deals" and people you have to be wary of...
Most of those are scams. Does the ad say "pre-approved bidders only" or "contact me at (this email address) my ebay account is messed up" or something like that. Sure sign of a scam.

"If its too good to be true, it probably isn't" has never been truer than with ebay. 67 converts seem to be a prime target.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If a car on ebay dosen't have a phone number listed in the ad something is usally wrong I don't know anybody that would buy a car without talking to the owner. Personally i will never buy another car that i do not inspect in person before i buy it.

1931 Pontiac 5 window coupe OHC6 powered
2015 GMC Yukon SLT
Old 08-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Senior Chief

I second garysgtogoodies, rude as the day is long!:gag:

Old 08-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to performerrpm

i 3rd garysgtogoodies he is outrageous on his parts and wants to offer very little, hardly anything for yours

Old 08-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

From what I have heard, Garysgtogoodies uses a generic picture in his ads and it does not reflect the part you are bidding on.

Last edited by tripower; 08-25-2007 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower
Thanks, I obviously had that provision in my ad for ending it early (as it was for sale locally) but did not see it worth responding to his post above. Anyway, back to the topic…
My apologies Tri-Power. The way it was written sounded like something different was going on. My mistake. :o

520-409-7236
Koerner Racing Engines
You killed it, We build it!
520-294-5758

64 GTO, under re-construction, 412 CID, also under construction.
87 S-10 Pickup, 321,000 miles
99Monte Carlo, 293,000 miles
86 Bronco, 218,000 miles
Old 08-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to performerrpm

i see him on ebay all the time and it always is the same picture as something he has already sold or so it looks to me

Old 08-29-2007, 12:15 AM
Suspended

There is no way to stop the fraud. these people get bounced off and come right back on under a new name faster that you can "relist" your stuff. paypal screens a bit of it but at a cost. It seems that between Ebays policy on fraudulent bidders and the Paypal deal Ebay actually makes money inviting fraud. Its such a small part of thier business that there is no money in chasing it for them. As a percent car sales itself and that portion that ends up as a case of fraud is a minute percentage of thier overall sales volume. But as an income generator for them its quite profitable. absolutely no risk to them and they actually can generate a profit by allowing fraud. Thier terms are such that its all on you the seller and take it or leave it. Your obligated to pay regardless of the outcome. Tough beans! craigslist!

Take any bad feedback with a grain of salt too. As the slightest misstep on your part will generate some wholly distorted and spitefull feedback. Ebay does themselves enourmous harm by failing to clean up thier act and making fraud reporting all but impossible. Their resolution mechanism is designed to thwart attempts to report or resolve problems.

Last edited by Pontirag; 08-29-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:26 AM

Default loc8tor

ebay name: loc8tor

I believe he is known in this forum also as "Pontiac Locator"

I bought a used 65 Catalina rear bumper from him at ebay in November 2006. I payed for the bumper and the very expensive shipping (several hundred $$ alone) instantly via Paypal and haven't seen anything of the bumper or my money since...
The "good" part is that Loc8tor kept in email contact with me with ever new stories and excuses until all ebay or Paypal deadlines to file a claim or get my money back were over. Since then the contact completely stopped he doesn't answer any emails although he obviously has still time to occasionally post parts at ebay or in this forum.

Could be that he just guesses that i am too far away from him to do anything against his poor buisness behaviour and he thinks this is an easy way to get some decent money without doing anything for it...maybe he behaves different with US customers?

So buyers beware...

Helge

Old 09-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Here's one....

livetoride54....bought a '68 April Gold car that was a true barn find. A 400 car with low miles and several options. I explained that the car had sat for over 12 years. No problem. He sends his son with a trailer, listens to the car and DRIVES it onto the trailer...two weeks later he calls wanting $2k cash since the car #1...had four rockers loose on one side and wouldn't start. #2 had four rockers loose on EACH side and wouldn't start.#3 had eight rockers loose on one side and wouldn't start. #4...had oil and antifreeze running out of the water pump and valve covers...#5...tranny wouldn't shift. I think there was something else, but my head was spinning at this point and it all sort of ran together. Anyway..he called ME a liar and a cheat in the neg. fb he left. My ONLY neg. fb out of 334 positives except for two other losers that both ripped me off and are no longer registered users. This guy is a Pontiac guy and his son is probably gonna pick up where he leaves off, sorry to say. His last neg fb was Aug. 15, 07, so he is still at it! BTW ...good idea...this thread! Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.