Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Same comments on Garys GTO goodies, not a crook or anything but stuff is always not as nice as described but not lousy enough to be fraudulent, buyer beware I guess. He is also very rude, needs to get some lovin' it sounds like.

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)
Old 09-09-2007, 12:09 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helge71
ebay name: loc8tor
I believe he is known in this forum also as "Pontiac Locator"
I bought a used 65 Catalina rear bumper from him at ebay in November 2006. I payed for the bumper and the very expensive shipping (several hundred $$ alone) instantly via Paypal and haven't seen anything of the bumper or my money since...
That sounds really shameful. Anybody here live near 'loc8tor' and able to prod him into getting a bumper on its way? (Or refunding money + interest?)

Old 09-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac jack
That sounds really shameful. Anybody here live near 'loc8tor' and able to prod him into getting a bumper on its way? (Or refunding money + interest?)

Thanks for your concern Jack!

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated...i do not really know what else to do from here and i hate mixing our otherwise nice hobby with legal action and similar (not considering if there would be any chance of success...).

Helge

Old 09-13-2007, 12:44 AM

'loc8tor' got me once too. I won a bid on a tri-power with carbs and linkage. He claims to be from somewhere in south central PA or just over the border in MD. I was going to Summer Carlisle Auto Show 2006 and asked if he would meet me somewhere to save on shipping. He agreed and I drove the whole way to Shippensburg to meet him. When he opened his minivan and presented the tri-power it was bare and the wrong year and had no carbs or anything. He said he must have switched mine with a different tri-power he sent to a guy in New York. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I wanted the tri-power with carbs. He said he would contact the guy in NY and make the switch. After several weeks (5-6) and several calls and emails I gave up on getting the tri-power and asked for a refund. He did actually refund my money right away through PayPal but I will not deal with him again. He seemed to be trying to do too many "deals" at one time. His minivan was full of stuff and he said he operated some airport taxi service too. Sounds like he has his hands in too many cookie jars at the same time.

Hope you have some luck getting your bumper or the money Helge.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Senior Chief

I am another one bitten by garysgtogoodies. This is the second time my package was "lost in the mail". Yet the other package the part was supposed to be in arrived. After arguing over it I got my first negative feedback. He is to be avoided

Old 02-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO Noob
Not if he stated on the auction that the car was for sale locally and he reserved the right to end the bidding early.
That's just a bunch of crap so they don't have to pay extra to use the reserve feature & start it out at 99 cents!!!!!!!!!!. I have lost auctions over that con many times.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Stay away from 800watt. They sell shop tools, machine tooling and measuring equipment. All poor quality stuff, even for China. 1226 negatives and counting. Even the people that give 'em positives complain about poor shipping and communication. If you have a problem, tough! Their contact number is an answering machine. They never respond to email or phone messages.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If your into old magazines I would suggest avoiding "Splineguy"
He just SUCKS.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hamlin
If your into old magazines I would suggest avoiding "Splineguy"
He just SUCKS.
Don't hold back, Jeff, tell us how you really feel!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default this is my ebay list of trouble makers and deadbeats

262445, 5988beth, 83racevette, abodybill, ah87, aniadan, budmac34, cleveland10304, craig3781, dentevolution, dgarberphwc, diabolique86, eperrini, fitzix500, gartony, harvywalbanger, hkjensli, impala5150, kdee72, kellnjr, lancer1963, markf1543, mt-carnut, mypicksarenogood60, newsarchive, nilyzzub, olwood, ourbadrt, passionforluxury, pontiacmadmax, quill05, renegade_pig, skubasteev, sniper5871, sy2kzeg, vdt5, wesley1373

1971 bonneville hearse 455/4
1972 grand safari wagon 6 pass 455/4
1995 Firebird Formula 5.7 convertible
2002 gp 40th anniv. SC V6
2003 gmc sierra 2500hd 8.1 liter

***LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE https://www.facebook.com/GratefulParts***

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GRATEFUL...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Old 02-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIV55
Stay away from 800watt. They sell shop tools, machine tooling and measuring equipment. All poor quality stuff, even for China. 1226 negatives and counting. Even the people that give 'em positives complain about poor shipping and communication. If you have a problem, tough! Their contact number is an answering machine. They never respond to email or phone messages.

I just HAD to take a look at this guy. Who on earth would buy from a seller with 20 negatives let alone 1226????? :rolleyes: I just don't get it:confused: :confused:

Old 02-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuck
I just HAD to take a look at this guy. Who on earth would buy from a seller with 20 negatives let alone 1226????? :rolleyes: I just don't get it:confused: :confused:
Yeah I'm asking myself that question.

First transaction was a digital caliper, 96% positive FB... cool! It showed up with a dead battery but they sent a spare with it. Still all was cool, it seemed to work well enough for my reloading bench.

The second transaction, the junk #2 Morse Taper collets finally showed up about the same time the caliper went down. Not cool!

They hit me with a negative FB, which was just the shipping number. I didn't complain that it took several weeks to get to me, just that they wouldn't respond to calls or email and their products were junk.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO Noob
Not if he stated on the auction that the car was for sale locally and he reserved the right to end the bidding early.
So, tripower, what you're saying is that you sold it locally AND that the ebay ad isn't the way the guy heard about it? It appears to me that you were unethical, also. I have to agree with gtofreek and Pontiac Dude.

If the guy heard about it locally and didn't contact you through ebay, then I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. Otherwise, it appears you were trying to avoid ebay's fees after you got free advertising.

I always have a question in the back of my mind when I see that statement and am hesitant to bid because of the appearance of impropriety on the part of the seller.

Rich

Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckinda60s
So, tripower, what you're saying is that you sold it locally AND that the ebay ad isn't the way the guy heard about it? It appears to me that you were unethical, also. I have to agree with gtofreek and Pontiac Dude.

If the guy heard about it locally and didn't contact you through ebay, then I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. Otherwise, it appears you were trying to avoid ebay's fees after you got free advertising.

I always have a question in the back of my mind when I see that statement and am hesitant to bid because of the appearance of impropriety on the part of the seller.

Rich
:rolleyes: Apparently you are not familiar with Ebay fees. You are charged regardless. You are charged for listing a car (usually $45) and a final auction fee, even if you end it early. If you could avoid the fees, everyone would do that.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Granted, I shouldn't have said free advertising, but it does seem to be a way to avoid what you've agreed to pay ebay. IF, you end the auction early, had a low reserve and the selling price was higher than what was bid on ebay. If the price wasn't higher, I don't see any advantage to selling it outside of the bidding process.

If I'm wrong, I apologize. I've seen a lot of items I was interested in that ended early when the price was way too low.

Rich

Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure why I'm wasting my time with this but perhaps you can read Ebay Motors policy here --> http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html and show me where "I avoided to pay ebay". You pay an insertion fee, and a transaction fee, regardless if you let the auction run (with bids) or end it early.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 PM

I see where some of you guys are coming from. But if i list a part or car on ebay and someone within driving distance is willing to pay what i want for it and i don't have to ship or transport it, then i'm going to do it to. Just my .02 though. Damian.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I read the policy. Did you read what I wrote? The Transaction Services Fee isn't charged if your reserve price isn't met. Had you met your reserve price when you ended the auction or not? Was the fee you paid lower than it would have been if you completed the auction or not. That's all I'm saying. If you didn't pay less when you ended it off-line then everythings fine, I'm wrong and I apologize. That's as simple as I can make it.

Rich

Old 02-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, that is what I am saying, it was not a reserve auction. Started out at the price I was happy with. Both EBay and I were happy.................

Old 02-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Okay, my apologies.

Rich