Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

wow! not even in the same ballpark!

good luck!

1967 2+2 convertible 428 w/4 speed

1967 2+2 convertible 428 w/auto

1967 Bonneville Brougham Coupe 428 w/auto

1967 Grand Prix convertible 428 w/auto

https://www.plainfieldpontiac.com/

*BE SURE TO LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE* https://www.facebook.com/PlainfieldPontiacRescue/
Old 08-07-2008, 02:47 PM

I have never had a problem with frank.he has always been pleasent to me.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:35 AM

You should ship the parts back with delivery confirmation if the cc company has already done a chargeback. If you can show they were returned, the chargeback should stick.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Senior Chief

Good luck talking care of that. Hopefully the chargeback does stick. I've only dealt with him once, and it came out ok, but I actually had to argue with him as to why I needed the part. I needed a single door hanle crank, since the shaft had worn the metal around it. "Those NEVER wear out." What kind of freakin' business model is that?

Never bought from him since.

67 Lamnas, did you check to see if PY has them? I know it would be more expensive, but it could save some headache.

If PY doesn't have them, wiringharness.com does.

Good luck.

1989 Trans AM GTA
Brilliant Red with Dove Grey Interior
5.7 TPI/700R4 3.27 "Aussie" Rear
-----
1972 LeMans with Endura Option
Lucerne Blue with Black interior and Black Vinyl Top
400/TH350 (Sold)
-----

"Wind in my hair, shifting and drifting, mechanical music, adrenaline surge..."
-Rush, "Red Barchetta"
Old 08-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Senior Chief

Sorry to hear about your deal going bad.

I've only dealt with Franks one time, several years ago. Bid and won an Ebay auction of his, called to confirm shipping and such, he seemed pleasant. He felt the part wasn't worth what I bid so he sent me 2 of them.

Can't say many others would have done the same.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He's consistant.

I had a good first deal with him and the second was terrible. That was at least 8 years ago. I can find what I need through members and other channels first. Not enough time in this life to put up with split personality.

I had tried to get him to sell me 4 items on one call and he hung up on me. I wasn't even haggling. haha. Oh well.

I'm sure he deals with a lot of bullsheit. But ugh, that's what happens in customer service industry. Why take it out on a potential customer?

If you need something bad go ahead and deal with him, just hope you catch him in a good mood, then he is pretty cool.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Senior Chief

Default Frank

Frank is a TRIP. On the good side, he packaged items well and ships immediately. If you come across as questioning his description of pictured items you will get the "can't you read, it says excellent, look at the picture, I have a picture of it, that's it, I don't know what else to tell you, I have x$ in magging it....it's good" attitude:jumping:.

I bought a set of cyl heads and he shipped to SD for porting, they came out nice. One of the AC bracket pads had been formed/welded (fixed) and tapped......this was not disclosed. It was done very well, and not noticeable as a fix after painted (so I am still very happy). Heads were described as "excellent." At least they hadn't had any porting or prior valve jobs......or rusted off casting #s on siamesed exh. ports.........

He told me he is constantly packaging and shipping and to stop and open up items that he has pre-packaged is a pain (which is why he posts the pictures). He did stop a transaction for a 10 bolt rear as he inspected it and found a problem with the unit.....

It's a mixed bag.....I still buy from again.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETJUDGE View Post
ive delt with frank & have had no issuses...... he is shrewd, BUT i think its cause he deals with idiots 80% of the time & it just rubbs off....
ive learned with him the price is the price is you even try to haggle he will shut you off.......
He should be willing to work with you.... if the wiring is 3 feet 2 long cut it no? if all connections are correct.... i understand this isnt what you intended & even i dont like chopping things up but sometimes ya have to deal with what you get... HIS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A WHOLE NOTHER ISSUE... but i think its all the tire kickers & negotiators he deals with constantly...
Sometimes ya have to deal with what you get?...I don't think so! If the guy misrepresented his part,he should make things right. Who the heck wants to chop up and splice in a harness that wasn't meant for your car in the first place? My guess is Lemnas could have done that with the existing harness he had....I really can't understand anyone suggesting it's alright to do business like that. It sounds like the guy sells a lot of Pontiac parts at or above market price, so if he does make a mistake and misrepresent something he sold, it just amkes good business sence to make things right...not to mention, it's the right thing to do! Based on what I've heard here, I'll never do business with the jerk!

Old 10-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I remember Frank and his wife standing in line for a barbeque behind me and mine at the POCI convention in Irvine, when he was just starting his business. He had a chip on his shoulder then cause the line was moving to slow and he seemed too important. Guess not much has changed over the years.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to *67firebird*

i dealt with him once. sold him my heads....he was ok and most people like to be condescending to me, but he was ok. JMO
Oz

Performer RPM-850DP
Auburn- 3.55 gear
CC HR custom grind
Old 10-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETJUDGE View Post
ive delt with frank & have had no issuses...... he is shrewd, BUT i think its cause he deals with idiots 80% of the time & it just rubbs off....
ive learned with him the price is the price is you even try to haggle he will shut you off.......
He should be willing to work with you.... if the wiring is 3 feet 2 long cut it no? if all connections are correct.... i understand this isnt what you intended & even i dont like chopping things up but sometimes ya have to deal with what you get... HIS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A WHOLE NOTHER ISSUE... but i think its all the tire kickers & negotiators he deals with constantly...

Sometimes you have to deal with what you get. WHAT..... NOPE your wrong,wrong,
wrong. How can you even say that. HUH, just because he deals with idiots, means he should be an idiot. Again how can you say that. Oh I got it, your actually Sandman Joe in disquise. I`m laughing so don`t take it to heart. To each there own I guess. I perfer NOT to screw people over.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastgto View Post
Sometimes you have to deal with what you get. WHAT..... NOPE your wrong,wrong,
wrong. How can you even say that. HUH, just because he deals with idiots, means he should be an idiot. Again how can you say that. Oh I got it, your actually Sandman Joe in disquise. I`m laughing so don`t take it to heart. To each there own I guess. I perfer NOT to screw people over.
I agree. SWEETJUDGE is way off on this. To suggest that 67 LAMNAS should cut and splice the harness that Frank sold to him....and be happy with that, because that's the way it goes sometimes, is just not right.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Senior Chief

NO WAY I think he should box it up send it back documented to show good faith and find the right part ,it will come along!

BOB SLUSSER
937-286-4343
Old 10-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to poison heart

Now I want to order something from him just to see what he's really like!

1959 Star Chief 4 Dr HT dual quad 389 4 speed
1962 Pontiac Plain Jane Catalina

http://pontiac-59.com/
Old 10-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Senior Chief

Spend around $500.00 and send cash.............. { LOL }

Old 10-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB VIDAN View Post
I remember Frank and his wife standing in line for a barbeque behind me and mine at the POCI convention in Irvine, when he was just starting his business. He had a chip on his shoulder then cause the line was moving to slow and he seemed too important. Guess not much has changed over the years.
I was at Irvine as well. I don't know how long he'd been in business by then, but his name was familiar from some ads he was running. I'm friendly and chatty at Pontiac events, but any time I've ever seen him advertise something I've needed, it was easy to say to myself "it's just not worth dealing with that guy".

Old 10-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have dealt with him a few times over the past 10 years or so. Sometimes he is okay and the next time you call him he is the biggest insulting jag on the planet! The last dealing with me also involved a power window harness. I never haggled or questioned him on pricing at all on ANYTHING over the past 16 years or so. Most items in the past were nice. He stung me hard on this last one. He has to be Bi-polar! NEVER again for me. I give most folks a couple of chances and the benefit of the doubt. He wore me out on this last one and I even cut him some slack due to a move that he had to make. There are far too many OTHER guys out there that will treat you like a human being rather than a rogue! Ed at the Goat Farm or Bob Vidan are good examples. Good guys!

Last edited by Uncle Judge; 10-13-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Judge View Post
I have dealt with him a few times over the past 10 years or so. Sometimes he is okay and the next time you call him he is the biggest insulting jag on the planet! The last dealing with me also involved a power window harness. I never haggled or questioned him on pricing at all on ANYTHING over the past 16 years or so. Most items in the past were nice. He stung me hard on this last one. He has to be Bi-polar! NEVER again for me. I give most folks a couple of chances and the benefit of the doubt. He wore me out on this last one and I even cut him some slack due to a move that he had to make. There are far too many OTHER guys out there that will treat you like a human being rather than a rogue! Ed at the Goat Farm or Bob Vidan are good examples. Good guys!
Hey Uncle,

I was looking for a 4 wire spark plug bracket for my car recently. I emailed Frank and he told me he had many of these and set a price. I then read many bad things about Frank and got scared off. I even met Frank once at the Pomona Car Show in California one year. He seemed ok but there has been too many negatives written about him on this forum for me to take a chance. I called Ed at Bethels Goat Farm and he sold me a pair of these brackets for the same cost as Frank wanted for just one. Ed is tops and I would highly recommend him. :)

Old 10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Auto Parts

Thanks.........I've looked at his site a few times on the 'puter and considered ordering, but with this input I won't.

Whatever happened to "the customer's always right" ?? Guys like this only hurt themselves !!
I agree,,,,,,,,,,too many good guys out there to put up with this sort of thing.

thanks again, Jerry

Old 10-14-2008, 03:17 PM

I was going to place an order today but after reading the posts I'm not going to take a chance with him. Even if it takes a little longer to find what I need.

Closed Thread