Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dan Jensen is in Michigan, he is involved with the Pure Stock muscle Car Drags.

http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...ensen_t37.html,

http://www.purestockdrags.com/contact.html Phone listing for Dan Jensen and Bob Boden

Last edited by gene simmons; 08-27-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome new guy!

Old 08-28-2008, 12:33 AM

Jim Lehart at Central Virginia Machine Service gets my vote. I was stationed in England when he helped me build my last motor in my 68 GTO. He'll be building my motor for my 69 GTO. Straight foward. No B/S. Sells you only what you need to make your goals happen! I have never had the chance to speak with him face to face, but I still consider him a good friend.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkillphil View Post
Welcome new guy!
THANKS....i think.....:o

Old 08-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

yeah, i think i will get in contact with dan jensen and paul spotts as i have heard nothing but good from many pontiac guys, inside and outside this forum..ill keep ya posted if i run into any other guys in my travels..but thanks to all! zeebo

Old 09-06-2008, 04:00 AM

Jack Gaydosh builds all my engines.And he is part of this site.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

PY member Bill Meyer has built two engines for me so far. (I have a 3rd ready to go when he is)

First one was a 389 3x2 that went into my 66 GTO sedan. Still finishing that restoration but the motor tested real nice.

Second engine is the killer 461 stroker in my black 69 GTO. E-heads with lots of special touches that Bill did himself. I pretty much let him built whatever he wanted after he found out how i planned to use the car. I'm very happy with the results as this car flys!

Bill has a long waiting list because he is only one guy and real good at what he does. Something you want to look for in a builder of your own. Solo guy with a wait list. Kinda like a full parking lot at a restraunt. It tells you if it's good before you even go inside.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 09-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JOHN View Post
PY member Bill Meyer has built two engines for me so far....
Doesn't Bill work out of Jax? That's where I had mine done.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

-John - Thanks for the kind words
- Monkey - I have my machine work done @ Jax. Occasionnaly, I help out when he gets busy, or I just want to work on the Pontiac stuff myself.
Jack has been a real mentor to me, using his 40+ years of engine building, and his love of Pontiacs. to help me out. His knowledge is priceless!!! Bill

10.09 @ 133
Old 11-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

thanks guys, yeah, i always have felt it is good to see the shop and talk to the builder and such..there are a few in michigan..dan jensen i would like to talk to, and i have seen autobahn engines for sale on ebay and they are in grand rapids..not super far from metro detroit..i do want to give a plug to cliff ruggles for all his support and knowledge..this guy talked to me for over an hour about my carbs, and the ventura that he races..what a stand up guy!! i buy all my q-jet stuff from him as he has the best parts (and hard to find parts) around! got stuck with cheap off the shelf accelerator pumps..the ones he sent me cured my off-idle probs instantly! thanks again fellas..and if you wish to add more engine builders, feel free to do so!

Old 11-26-2008, 04:36 PM

I am just gonna add one more good guy to the list, Dave at SD Performance, everyone that has dealt with him is happy to my knowledge.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:30 PM

Default engine builders

Having been shafted by a so called reputable engine builder Jim Taylor in New Jersey to the tune of 12K. Not honoring warranty and boring a block 100 thousands over. I was stuck holding the bag. It was hard for me trust to engine builders. A local machine shop had to sleeve all 8 cylinders and I got it back together. However I was still having issues so last year upon recommendation I sent my engine to Jack Gaydosh who completely went through the 421 now sporting ported KRE d ports and forged crank. I have massive smiles on my face with a 4400 lb 63 Grand Prix running low 12's and streetable with a/c. and no issues. I had velcro and wing nuts holding my engine in before. Jack is reasonable honest, very detailed and brilliant in setting up engines. He is always available to answer my questions and takes a personal interest in the engines he builds. There is no b/s from Jack. He has no one but himself assembling the engines so you know you have a real expert working on your engine. :jumping:Allen

Old 11-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i second sd performance great guys to work with . also cant forget all pontiac they built me a second shortblock after ups lost my first one and sent it out i believe even before their claim was settled . good guys and great parts

just my .02

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
84 grand prix twin turbo 496 pontiac 25.3 cage
Old 11-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans411 View Post
i second sd performance great guys to work with . also cant forget all pontiac they built me a second shortblock after ups lost my first one and sent it out i believe even before their claim was settled . good guys and great parts

just my .02

How in Heaven do you LOOSE a short block !!??
Gheez!!!

Yes...Frank & Bob/AllPontiac.com are great guys and products are top shelf..
Just check out my signature car...
Jack Gaydosh even set up the dyno session and took care of everything...
Believe Jack has built 3 motors for me now and working on a 4th one..
Like 1963GP said....Jack's always eager to help!!

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 11-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My vote goes to Jack Gaydosh also.

Definitely no B.S., builds a great motor, and takes pride in his workmanship and helping you get the most out of your motor.

Mark

1965 GTO: 467 (Built By Dan Willever), 400 Block, Eagle 4.25 Stroke, Eagle 6.8 Rods, BRC Pistons, Custom Grind Hydraulic Roller Cam, Edelbrock 72cc Heads Ported, HS Rockers, Doug's Headers, Edelbrock Victor 4150, QTF 850 Carb, TCI Flex plate, AutoGear M22 4 Speed, SPEC Clutch and Pressure Plate, 12 Bolt 3:73 Posi.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Paul Carter out of AZ, One of The Greatest Machinest We have, known as GTOFreak on PY, SD-Performance Big Time, Those Guys have Helped me wayyy beyond whats expected of an engine Builder, Also Check out the Hilliards, KSM Another big help!, AP also Builds Some very fast engines an is great to deal with, Ace "PPR" in Cali is Great, Len Caverly from EMC Fame, Spotts is Real Good, Jim Lehart from CVMS Just Built The engine for the Fastest Pontiac Powered car in the world, Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents, Can't go wrong with any of the above

D.S.R.E. Your NW Pontiac Street/Strip Engine Builder, Specializing in Cylinder Head,Intake Manifold,and Exhaust Manifold Porting services and Building the Most Efficient stock rebuilds to Hi HP Pump Gas and Race Combinations for Pontiac,Buicks,Olds,FE Fords,385 Series and HP Gen 3 and 4 LS engines!
2006 silvy Z71 4X4,383 LS 600+hp NA
Shared Toy-66 Lemans 470cid by me 537hp 580tq-manifolds, 570hp 590tq-2"headers,custom cam,rpm intake, mild e-heads, Looks stock ;-}
Old 11-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE=60man;3491158]How in Heaven do you LOOSE a short block !!??
Gheez!!!QUOTE]

yeah i dont know how you do that but it was lost for a few months then it just turned up one day i guess . all beat up and nasty looking .

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
84 grand prix twin turbo 496 pontiac 25.3 cage
Old 11-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=lemans411;3491472]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60man View Post
How in Heaven do you LOOSE a short block !!??
Gheez!!!QUOTE]

yeah i dont know how you do that but it was lost for a few months then it just turned up one day i guess . all beat up and nasty looking .
Damn....must have been accidently dropped at a Cheby shop !!:D
Really ...that sux.:(
I mean....UPS has this computer system to track items.???

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 11-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgoat67 View Post
Jack Gaydosh builds all my engines.And he is part of this site.
Jack Is good, as well as Butler and Pontiac Dude. BES does the High end stuff. Lots of great Choices and Great Parts! Motors are just parts...the Best builders can and do build any type of engine.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

thanks a ton guys..ill be im'ing some of you in the near future as i need a set of heads done up. i will keep these people in mind..any chance of getting this post "stickied'? thanks and keep em coming!!