Old 07-10-2020, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Vacuum advance rubber hose

Did the vac adv. hose have a colored stripe on them? Mine is an early (Dec. 64) build.

Thanks ,Dave

Old 07-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhcarguy View Post
Did the vac adv. hose have a colored stripe on them? Mine is an early (Dec. 64) build.

Thanks ,Dave
Only asking because it seems Ames only sells the size with a colored stripe running the length of them

Old 07-12-2020, 06:17 PM
Senior Chief

Since no one answered the vacuum line question I figured my GTO would be one of the very few to be able to answer that question . My car still wears the factory born on vacuum lines . The car is a 12E 1964 BAL build (1965 model year) with tri-power and A/C. Because of this combination the car has plenty of original vacuum hoses to look at.

Just about every vacuum hose has paint markings on the ends to represent where that hose would go for the assemblers. In the pictures you will see various paint markings of red, white and blue although faded over the years.

These paint markings are referenced to the air conditioning vacuum hoses and the air-conditioning service manual I believe refers to these paint markings as well .

On the vacuum Advance hose going to the distributor I do not see any paint markings or lines going down the length of the hose. It is possible that any paint markings for that hose on my car could have faded over the years or is on the back side of the hose and different plants could have different distributors of the hoses as well.

I looked at the hoses that Ames sells that you are referring to, I would say that the paint markings on the hose ends of my car is the correct color ID method than what the various colored lines Ames is showing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1533.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	544863   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1532.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	544864   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1546.jpg
Views:	110