THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-26-2020, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Wife recorded Ford vs Ferrari for my birthday.

Wife got the movie for me. I enjoy my Pontiacs. This movie to me is very entertaining!!! The political bs. Laughing at some of it.

Old 07-26-2020, 04:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I watched it a couple of weeks ago for the first time. I liked it.

Old 07-26-2020, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Happy belated birthday Bob, sounds like the wife is a keeper.....LOL

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 07-26-2020, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes. She surprised me. I always enjoyed road racing. I had subscriptions, to Road and Track and Sports Car Graphic back in 64 on. The best thing for me,might be others,but 'never once' in 41 yrs of marriage thru the lean times,arguements etc did she push me to sell the SD. It's a blessing.

Old 07-26-2020, 05:08 PM
Boost Engineer

NICE PRESENT "Ford vs Ferrari" TAPE FOR YOU.

The movie does a great job on the camera shots for the given cars and the telling of the Ken Miles story. A great tribute to Ken Miles.

Much of the actual way the building of the actual race cars and the people who Engineered the cars and Managed the cars was left out because it was a story about Ken Miles. No mention of my Boss who actually ran the race programs in 1966,1967,1968, and 1969 when Ford won 4 years in a row against Ferrari.

His name was Homer Perry and he is mentioned in the Ford Book "The Dust and the Glory". It you like to read race history, it would be a good addition to the tape your wife did for you.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Happy birthday! Nice present from a keeper.

Other YouTubes to check out is the 24 hour war and Shelby's interview.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:05 PM

It's been running on HBO recently, I watched it a couple weeks ago. There were a lot of liberties taken for the sake of Hollywood, but it was an entertaining movie.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Well..

When I watched it I had the TV very loud and my old lady came in the room to yell at me for it.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 07-31-2020, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just an addition. I found my old SCG and RT Mags from back in 64. Initial story about GT40 without pics as the car was so new. Next issue showed pics,specs. Then RT had an story on Shelby. His shop was in back room of Dean Moons shop.Then moved to large aircraft bldg. I think it said he had 5yr deal. They interviewed Ken. He said if they needed to modify something they'd just do it. Just,' hack it off with a hacksaw,if they had too' I just wonder if mgr esp Beebe didnt care for Ken as movie portrayed. I'm going to get other books to read.