Old 05-24-2020, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Glass run channel

Glass run channel fuzzy liner. (couldn't edit the title). Anyone replaced theirs? I'm wondering just how big a job this is. It seems like a painstaking job, but I have to do it. The originals are completely shot. My main concern is taking everything apart, and out, and having it go back in as it was. no way to do it in the door, I guess.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's been years since I replaced any, but I don't remember having to take the glass out to install them. IIRC they install with tiny, flat head screws. Just make sure you are really careful and use a magnetic screwdriver so you don't drop any down in the door. I probably did have the outside trim off as I usually replaced both inner and outers at the same time. Tape up the outside of the top of the door so you don't scratch up anything. And make sure you drill the hole (newer ones may have them pre-drilled) in the same place as the old ones you took out. Good luck.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 05-25-2020, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks, but I'm lookng at the vertical glass runs. They line the channels that the windows go up and down in. I'm not worried about taking the glass out, but taking the vent window and stuff out worries me.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry I misunderstood. I have only done a couple of those. IIRC there was a screw in the top and after taking it out it pulled out from the top. But it's been so long I may be wrong.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 05-26-2020, 09:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No problem, Jerry. Thank for your input.