Old 05-31-2020, 10:47 AM

Default 1972 Grand Prix - Quarter Glass Window - Help

Hello,
I recently purchased a 1972 Grand Prix. This was my first car when I was a kid. Anyway, I am slowly working on it and I wanted to replace the rubber around the windows. The driver side went easy, so I proceeded to the passenger side. I found that the quarter glass window would not roll down. There are power windows. I removed the inside trim cover and checked for power in the wires feeding the switch. I have power there, so I am assuming that the motor may need to be replaced. My problem is that the window is in the up position and I dont see a way to remove the motor from inside the well. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can remove the motor or at a minimum get the window to roll down. Thank you for any ideas or help.

Jim

Old 06-01-2020, 10:01 PM

Does anyone have a break down of how to remove the rear window?

Old 06-01-2020, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

To remove you have to pull the rear seat, side panels & carefully loosen the window regulators & window guides. Window will have to be unbolted from the regulator arm to be carefully pulled up slightly rotated & removed. Its not easy to explain. Any '69-72 GM Fisher body manual with A-body information will have the BEST instructions for removing, installing & adjusting the windows & regulators. About to go through this again, installing 1/4 widows in a '70 GTO & a '72 GTO.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:14 AM

Default quarter window removal 71-72 GP

Just in case anyone still needs this info., The big "trick" here on GPs it seems is the rotation of the glass as i had found in the manual after attempting to do without reading it first **72 Fisher Manual section 7-10 ** " " On Pontiac A-57 styles lower glass into quarter section and rotate 180 degrees rearward. Then remove glass bottom side first, through the belt line opening outboard of side roof rail." To install reverse procedure. "

72 J Sundance Orange/Wht/Wht