Old 12-27-2020, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Radio fitment

Do radios from full size cars fit in Lemans dash? Is the control knob dimension different? Size of box itself different? Or is it just the looks of outside?

Old 12-27-2020, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Will they fit the hole? Probably, but they mount differently.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Old 12-27-2020, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

'71 & 72 Pontiac B series radios are quite different in appearance than any of the '68 through '72 Pontiac A-body radios. A '69 or '70 B series Pontiac radio may fit, will look at an '70 AM-FM mono B series to confirm if the faceplate is the same. The '70 B series unit's buttons will be chrome, but that can be rectified.

One thing many eBay hacks won't note in their wide ranging "applications", a '77 & earlier 2nd Gen F-body radio or stereo unit will not fit a '69 through '72 Pontiac A-body or GP dash. The passenger side of the early 2nd Gen Unit's faceplate, around the tuner, sticks out & does not allow propper fitment of the F-body faceplate to the A-body dash bezel.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks. I am considering filling my dash with a radio. Even if it doesn't work. I had a line on a working AM radio, but that fell through. I probably would never listen to that anyway. So, I am looking for a non-working AM radio to fill the spot. Hopefully I can find one that is for the year of car. If not, I am considering all options.