Old 01-12-2021, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Power Windows

When we first got our '67 LeMans, I tried using the power windows. They were very slow. I figured at the time that the battery was weak. After completely charging the battery and having the car running, they are a little better but still seem to be slow. I don't know how long the car was sitting before I bought it. The window sweeps and channel runs seem to be in good condition and appear tight around the glass. Do they need to be serviced with some kind of lubrication, like silicone on the rubber? Aside from that, is slow movement an indicator that the motors need to be replaced? I'm excited about having power windows, but I'm not looking forward to the work that they may require.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:59 AM
Senior Chief

They aren't very complicated to work on. You just have to access it by taking your door panels off. Either your motor is tired or your regulators may need some attention such as re-lubing the moving parts. I would detach the motor and clean out the 50 yr old grease and re-lube then plug the power connector back in and exercise it back and forth noting the speed of the motor. If it seems that it spins freely then connect it back to the regulator. IF it is struggling again then pulled the regulator out to see if is binding in some way. re-lube all the tracks where the regulator rollers meet. In the end, if it still struggles then buy new motor.