Old 01-21-2021, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default gas gauge repair

Have any of you had a gauge repaired? I am looking for a reliable service. The places I've contacted have quoted me $150-$250 to repair and 2-4 months turnaround time. I've checked some of the reviews and found real horror stores about people not getting their gauges back for 5 months or more.

Old 01-26-2021, 02:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi, could you please post the year make and model car you are working on? Also would like to know; standard or rally gauges (it makes a difference).

I work on gauges here almost every day.

Old 01-26-2021, 03:23 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatracer1 View Post
Have any of you had a gauge repaired? I am looking for a reliable service. The places I've contacted have quoted me $150-$250 to repair and 2-4 months turnaround time. I've checked some of the reviews and found real horror stores about people not getting their gauges back for 5 months or more.
Pete Serio is your man for repairing your gauges. He restored the rally gauges and speedometer in my 68 GTO. All work perfectly. Turn around time was a few weeks.

68 GTO convertible
YS M40, A/C, PS, PB-disc, Posi-T, PW, P-seat, AM-FM stereo 8-track,
P-ant, P-trunk lid, Tilt-S, Rally gauges, Hideaways
C1 224 Triple white
Old 03-18-2021, 06:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I need to convert my '64 gas gauge to 90ohm. Should I just buy a '65 gauge or does someone do that service?

Old 03-21-2021, 01:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This is long over due but I am old and not well so I sometimes put things off and then forget about them. I want to thank Mr Serio for fixing my gas gauge. He contacted me offering his help and I took him up on the offer. Not only did he fix the gauge he did it correctly, quickly and reasonably. We need more people like him. I would like to say one other thing. If you have a special talent or even a part someone needs let them know. It's hard keeping these old cars running when you don't know about these people. Again THANKS!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goatracer1 For This Useful Post: