Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Project Phoenix, a 1964 Tempest rising from the ashes

Well this is my first time starting a thread so we will see how it goes. Basically I bought this 64 Tempest for 2500 and sold the Tri Power that the guy put on it for 2600 so I started out with nothing in the car. The car had been hit hard in the drivers side rear and had caked on bondo and a quarter skin pop riveted on. I took the car to AMD and they replaced everything from the doors back. I had to source a tail panel from a donor car and the trunk lid still needs work because it is bowed from the impact. I plan to build a 467 using one of the two 455 blocks I have. It will have edelbrock round port heads and Paul Carter has already spec'd a Lunati HFT cam for me that I purchased. I dont have the cam card in front of me so I dont know the specs. I am overbuilding it because I do not want to do it twice. This car will be my regular driver and I want zero problems. I plan on installing a T56 Magnum from SST in place of the original two speed transmission. I have a steering column from ididit so the floor shift will look appropriate. The car will be silver mist grey on the outside and nocturne blue on the interior. I am retaining the bench seat. I have wilwood brakes for the front and I am running a ford 9 inch with explorer disc brakes on the rear. It has 3.70 gears and a detroit true trac limited slip. I will post updates as they occur. Right now I am getting estimates on body work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2294.jpg
Views:	1263
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	474903   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2310.jpg
Views:	1299
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	474904   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2311.jpg
Views:	1181