Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1956 Chieftain

One of the guys over on the 50's Pontiac group has this for sale and I offered to put it up here. I thought I had posted it earlier, but haven't been able to find it. Either way, he's dropping the price.

This is the info I have. Interested parties should contact him directly. I have no personal knowledge or experiece with this car. Just passsing it on, hoping to find it a good home.
Teej

>> 1956 Pontiac Chieftain 4-door hardtop. Running condition. Excellent car for restoration. Interior upholstery/carpeting/headliner is new, all done in period fabric. This car has been continuously registered in California since it was new. Includes service manual, the original owner's manual and original options brochure from GM. (In the glovebox, when I got the car it had a paper road map of California from when there were no interstate highways.)
>>
>> Since 2002, the following items were upgraded to NEW: 4 Coker radial WW tires, shocks, complete brake system, fuel pump, steering linkage, heater core(rebuilt), hoses and belts, carburetor rebuild kit, battery, plug wires. Replaced both horns, some fender chrome, rocker cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, transmission gasket and some weatherstripping.
>>
>> Engine has not been overhauled, but runs surprisingly well on unleaded fuel. Transmission has not been overhauled. Chrome bumpers need to be refinished. Body has one actual dent next to the right headlight, no others. Minimal rust on the bodywork. The original generator was replaced with an alternator.
>>
>> The original glovebox has been replaced with an AM/FM/CD unit, original package tray now has rear speakers in it. (Original radio, vacuum tubes and all, is still in the dash). Door and window mechanisms all work properly, door liners are all in good shape. Power Steering. Power Brakes. Has a working power radio antenna. Has factory dual exhaust system.
>>
>> Located in Jackson, CA, asking $6,000. Offers/Inquiries to pbartell@volcano.net
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05148[1].JPG
Views:	94
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	302497   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05137[1].JPG
Views:	35
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	302498   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05126[1].JPG
Views:	51