Old 08-18-2019, 03:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to JerseyBoy
Default Help with Fold Down rear seat install

I am currently going through the steps to add a fold down rear seat to my '68 Firebird. I have all the parts and I am at the point where I need to attach the hinge brackets to the floor (I intend to weld them as they did at the factory).

I have some specific questions I hope someone will help with:

1. On cars which came with the fold down option is the hinge bracket welded to the floor at the top (where the hold down bolt is) as well as the bottom? Or is the top of the bracket loose?

2. How long is the bolt used to hold down the seat hinge? Can you tell if it is welded to the bracket?

3. When the hinge is attached and bolted down to the bracket does the hinge and the bracket touch or is there a gap between the hinge and the bracket where the bolt goes through the hinge. In other words how tight is the hold down bolt?

4. Finally I need to see a photo of how the carpet is positioned on the seat back.

If you would be willing to supply photos of the brackets it would really help. Any all help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Ken

Old 08-20-2019, 06:31 PM
Senior Chief

I salvaged this part from a '69 Bird about 20 years ago. Can't believe I still have it. I marked the weld locations with a red marker. The stud is a weld stud. Thread length from bracket is about 22mm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010328.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	518278   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010330.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	518279   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010331.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	518280  

Old 08-21-2019, 07:50 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to JerseyBoy

Ah, appears it was just spot welded on ok that really helps! Thanks mgoblue!