Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-17-2019, 11:00 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick67bird View Post
Was Tommy on 275’s too? If so that is pretty amazing. That run by Lutz was moving on out.
Yes he was

Old 11-17-2019, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Something related to thread...saw on fb Kauffman has whittled out another pro billet block for someone

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds
Old 11-17-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.you View Post
Something related to thread...saw on fb Kauffman has whittled out another pro billet block for someone
That would be for Youmans...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FA2EFB02-5B00-4756-9F40-5EC7ED889FD3.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	524654  

Old 11-17-2019, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Does anyone know the difference in price between a CNC / Billet block and a solid cast block?

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 11-17-2019, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrian442 View Post
That would be for Youmans...
That's what I'm talkin' about, 4k+rwh good motor then 3300+rwh backup injuns

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds
Old 11-18-2019, 10:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Does anyone know the difference in price between a CNC / Billet block and a solid cast block?

Stan
It's very difficult to come up with the magic number you seek. I can help a little. A billet Pontiac Block is roughly 2 to 2.5 times the cost of the solid cast block currently available from All Pontiac.com. That block is right at 5K depending on various options desired by the customer. I don't know if Kauffman offers a solid cast aluminum block or not. LSM has a program for billet Pontiac blocks as does Kauffman of course. Possibly someone knows what the Kauffman block costs and will chime in. LSM has 2 billet block "on the shelf". They are not Pontiac. One is an TFX style Hemi and the other a big Ford. 8K each. The Pontiac blocks, made to order were 10-12.5K when we checked. The solid cast IA II aluminum block is good for 3300-3500 HP. We have been running one for two years with zero issues. The line hone stays beautiful, the deck stays square. And as a bonus, it's "very Pontiac". Looks like a Pontiac V8 in most respects. Painted blue, I doubt many would notice it wasn't a stock block.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post

Stan
Solid ia2 is 5500. Add another 2500 or so for a final product ready to have your hardware installed. As for the visner billet. I was quoted I think 13995 for a non cross supported block and 14995 for cross supported. Add another 2k for his oil pan.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:18 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
Solid ia2 is 5500. Add another 2500 or so for a final product ready to have your hardware installed. As for the visner billet. I was quoted I think 13995 for a non cross supported block and 14995 for cross supported. Add another 2k for his oil pan.
High Roller only apply please...lol

Old 11-19-2019, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Thanks John. My numbers were in the ballpark but 3 years old. (The last time we had to buy a block). Looks like they are up 10-15% in 3 years, which is about right. From a pure material standpoint, I can't say a billet block is stronger than the heat treated/HIPPED casting. The billet does give you allot of flexibility in design.(you can make it anyway you want). Head bolt layout, cam/lifter location, skirted lower end. Simply beyond our budget since we need 2 of them running nitro. Thanks again to All Pontiac for supplying us with a fantastic alternative that is proving itself every time out.

Old 11-20-2019, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Cross support meaning skirted mains?

Old 11-20-2019, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
What percentage of nitromethane is in M5?
It doesn't contain nitromethane. It contains nitroparrafins. Same chemical family but not the same.

Old 12-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Does anyone know if Tommy is back together? If so will he be running this month?

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 12-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure.
Here is an article on him:

Youmans

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Suspended

Nice article...

Old 12-03-2019, 08:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am going to post something that Justin (Big Chief) put on Facebook 11/1/19. Maybe it will give you some idea of what kind of performance he is actually getting from his actual 1970 GTO and some good weights because in the NPK series there are class rules and this is how his car runs in those rules. M1 fuel, 2820 lbs, cast block, Eheads...

“3 years ago I was excited to be the first pontiac powered door car in the 3s, especially considering it was also my first trip into 3 second territory as a driver. I crashed my original white gto and bought a lightweight firebird off the internet. I remember it very well....we had swapped drivetrain from my white car into this promod and put it on lil drag radials, entered in “RVW” at SGMP and we actually qualified for the field (something no one ever thought we would do lol). I had ran a string of 4.0s in testing and the 3 almost seemed like it wasn’t meant to be...finally I quit worrying about it and focused on qualifying, and ofcourse the 3 came a few laps later lol. Shortly after all that, we ditched the promod and put this old steel car together, AGAIN re-using the same motor. After initial testing, and using it in megarace we were all like “this car is faaast”.....we both talked the whole ride home from megarace about how easily we thought this thing was going into the 3s. BUT when we got back home, winning races on the street and getting the crown back was more important than any 3 second slip. So...we quit worrying about what it ran, and tried to focus on winning. And it worked, we won ALOT of races and got the crown back...even managed to keep it for a season or two lol. NPK has been the biggest challenge yet, but we proved we can win there also!!! The car is going on the road to the trade shows for a few weeks, and im proud to say it’s now the fastest pontiac door car in the world, street or track (with pontiac power I might add lol). This year was magical for me and my car, but I truly couldn’t have done any of it without Jackie. She pushes me to win, and she doesn’t sit around on her phone and make excuses (sometimes that’s all I want to do lol). She doesnt even seem suprised when we pull off the unthinkable win, or the 3 second pass. She always feels like could get faster, she’s always looking for ways to improve and that motivates the hell out of me!!! 2019 was bright, but in 2020 ima have to wear shades!!!

I would also like to thank everyone involved in our 2019 race year!! All the companies big and small that support me and our sport general, and thanks to all the great people within those great companies that make sure everything stays on the rails!! Lol. #streetoutlaws #pontiac #crownholdas #recordbreakas #teamjegs #flyingamotorsports #butlerperformance #rosslertransmissions #millerwelder #thepowerofblue #tricktitanium #pro1safetyUSA #kineticshocksarethetruth #precisionturbo #vpfuel #stainlessworks #smithbrotherspushrods #lutzracecars #quillenmotorsports #royalpurplefluidserrywhere #grpconnectingrods #totalsealrings #fueltechft600 #rosspistons #dondialracecars #startinglinemotorsports #lambcomponents #morosoerrythang #ferreavalvesineverythingliterally #turbosmartgatesandblowoffs #bopengineering #aeromotivefuelsystems #edelbrockheadsandintake #T&DRockersunbreakable #clearviewoilfilterssinceday1 #racepartssolutions #brownandmillerhoseandfittingszerofailuresEVER #brailebattery #bellhelmets #sparcoracing #timmcamis #markwilliamsenterprises #precisiondrivelineokc #VfnFiberglasskeepsmeprettyandlight #crowerlifters #compcamshaft #crowercrankshaft #kickeraudiokeepstheshopandtrailerbumpin24-7 #s&sdiesel #fullpullperformance #bendpak #quickperformance #didimentionmillerweldersyet #pacsprings #atibalancer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Suspended

Tommy’s car..........the most hp Pontiac door car ever and soon to be quickest if nothing else changes.

GTO George

Old 12-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just think, more than 1/2 those cars on NPK go faster than Chiefs time slip, I heard sub 3.7 area

Old 12-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Just think, more than 1/2 those cars on NPK go faster than Chiefs time slip, I heard sub 3.7 area
Im not buying 3.7's (maybe on a well prepped track, after all they are Pro Mods) but the Fireball car is still the quickest.

GTO George

Old 12-03-2019, 06:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Im not buying 3.7's (maybe on a well prepped track, after all they are Pro Mods) but the Fireball car is still the quickest.

GTO George
What makes them a pro mod... a pro mod has a modified low roof line and a modified extended wheel base/body... nowadays they don’t make a pro mod out of a factory car like chiefs 70...

Old 12-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post

GTO George
Have you seen the last 2 weeks? He was out run both weeks. Though you would be happy the pink blower car even out ran him. He is out gunned with a Pontiac motor in that field. He needs to step up the cubes and heads. Ryan has been 3.6x, so that means Lizzy, Kye, Scooter, Birdman, Mike Murillo, Ax man Brueter Brothers and a few I am missing will run close to that. I think Robin Roberts can out run him right now. He just needs a little step up. 350 cfm eheads against 960 cu inch 6 kits aint going to cut it. It is pretty cool that he is right there with that junk Pontiac e headed 482. Pretty impressive for what it is.

Sorry back to topic. Tommy's car is killer!! Love it can't wait to see this season.