Old 11-13-2016, 10:06 AM

Default Today is the day

I'm 95% sure I'll try to start the Catalina today. I'm pretty sure I'm not forgetting anything but if you guys have any obscure pointers let me know. Wires are hooked up, oil is in, coolant is in, inner springs are off the heads, belts are on, carb is primed, clamps are tight, tach is hooked up, oil filter has oil in it, vacuum lines taken care of, battery is ready, fire extinguisher and damp towel on stand by, fuel in tank, timing will be double checked, and I think everything else is done

Old 11-13-2016, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice! Is the oil primed also? Have two people there one to keep in running and watching gauges and one under the hood to adjust timing, air fuel and look for any leaks.

I always get timing about right based on location, but will hook up the timing light and will turn the dizzy back and forth in the area of the #1 firing. With the key on and turning the dizzy, you should get a spark on that wire and should show on the timing light. This gets me close enough to be able to start with the location of where it is firing lined up just before with TDC on the crank.

65 Cat Ventura, 66 Cat Vert, 63 GP
Old 11-14-2016, 02:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I was always told to spin the oil pump with a drill to get oil everywhere. This was back in the day before assembly lube. Showing my age here.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Good luck !! Does all runs good for you?

1965 canandian Parisienne custome sport convertible AZ car. „Sold“
1977 california Firebird Esprit [/SIZE][/FONT]