Old 08-21-2012, 12:54 AM

Default Is Pontiac responsible for my existence??

My name is Mike and I am a 22 year old PONTIAC enthusiast.

My dad's first car was a 1973 GTO, which he bought in 1975 when he was 17 years old. It was maroon with a maroon interior and a black vinyl top. But more importantly, it had a Pontiac 400, a 4 speed, and Cragar SS wheels.

The story goes.... When he bought the car, he did not have money to insure the car, so during the summer he would wake up and drive it over to school at around 5am so he could work on it in his summer shop class. One of his buddies was also in shop class, and one day his girlfriend came to visit him. His girlfriend did not have a car, but her friend (my mother) drove her mom's (my grandmother's) new 1975 Grand Prix around, so they went together. It was a black Grand Prix, with a grey interior..... Anyway, my mom and her friend went to shop class to visit my dad and his friend, and that's where my parents met for the first time. My dad loved the Grand Prix, and offered to come over and wash it (he didn't know it was my grandmother's). So the next day my grandfather opens the door and yells up at my mom, "Cindy, there's a girl here to wash your car (my dad had a pony tail at the time)."

That's how my parents met, and they are now married for 31 years and as fate would have it, I am crazy about Pontiacs....... How's that for a story?

2010 Trans Am Conversion, 6-speed with LS3
1995 Comp T/A #29, hard top manual