Old 01-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default '74 SD Formula

Saw this in the for sale section at Classical Pontiac, item # 117885....I know nothing of the car, just posting the info.

Mike

Old 01-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Has been painted due to no side strips, or side emblems. Automatic car with rear spoiler and lots of options.
Sweet car, and worth 35k-55k depend on a lot off things. Might be worth more if all original sheet metal, #'s, ...............who knows unless owner post more info.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is a very cool car, almost a sleeper to those not "in-the-know". Love the color too. Wish I could add it to my stable.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:01 AM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up

Was just about to post about this car....kinda cool. Would love to have it.....

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am
Old 01-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here's what I can remember on it. A friend of mine bought it in 76 or 77 from a used car lot in Omaha NE. The dealer had gotten it from Chicago but I don't remember how (private sale, auction, etc). My friend kept it for about four years during which time he moved to southern IL then to Albany GA. I bought it from him when he was in GA. The miles were in the low 40s when I bought it. I owned it for a year or so and sold it to a guy from Denver. He had the AC compressor come apart on him during the drive home (at 130 mph). He kept it less than a year and sold it localy to Dean Moffa. Dean must be the father of the guy advertising it. Dean moved to TX at some point and I hadn't heard of the car in years until it popped up on classical. If I remember correctly when I had it the block heads intake and exhaust manifolds were right but I don't recal the carb or dist. It had quarter work done I believe on the passenger side (door quarter gap looked bad) and a so so paint job. Zero rust. Ran and drove great. I don't remember whether it had a rear console or trunk release but other than that it was highly optioned. It had the optional black cloth interior and it was still in beautiful shape.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like Jim Rockford's car on steriods! That would be a sweet buy for the lucky purchaser!