Old 04-26-2013, 07:44 PM

Buick show at state fairgrounds. very good swap meet and this year best of for trophies not catagories like in years past.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:22 AM

Finally home.. 14 hour work day... let me look at all the time stamps. Between PM's, posts, e-mails, and phone calls I have a lot to go over. Never again.... Me thinks posts only.

Don't want to upset anyone..( ram air air cleaners have been a nightmare) Very stressful. May end up waiting 6 months to post parts again....

Joel

Old 04-27-2013, 06:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What does Boss need with a '74 air cleaner anyways...

Kent, I'll look for you at the show. I'd like to take pictures of the unit before you restore it, is it possible. I could also loan you a repro if it doesn't reach you in time.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
What does Boss need with a '74 air cleaner anyways...
Mike, do we now have to justify a higher need when we want to buy something? I don't know everything you own - do you claim to know everything I own?

Kent's post in the thread: 04-25-2013, 07:31 AM

My e-mail: Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 07:34:21 -0400

I didn't cry about it when Kent got it but when another was offered for sale to me in the response e-mail - I'll damn well buy it!

Whatever Joel decides - I'll be fine with.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 04-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry, I was just thinking in type. Hey, I used to buy all the time just to say I have that or use as trade for getting another to part with an item. I just assumed it was seed for your next endeavor. I've contacted several members with a '74 air cleaner in their possession, just don't remember which ones say they'll contact me when available. And, I found it odd he offers up another if he offered it to you privately. Strange practice.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Senior Chief

I wasnt going to tell about my experience with slotter but maybe this will help you guys out....

First it was 2 KRs for $200 a piece. I was first to respond and he agreed to sell them to me through PMs. Then he vanished and quit responding to my PMs.

Next and more recently... I gave him another try on a KN he had for sale. I was first to respond. Same thing happened and slotter vanished.

I figured someone else got them behind the scenes. Having sold parts on PY from time to time, I know that backstabbing like that is common practice with some buyers, especially on reasonably priced rare stuff.

I have the PMs slotter. I hope you follow through with sale to these guys.

Last edited by tajunkman; 04-27-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:37 PM

After looking at all time stamps the first person to reply on the Ram Air pan was Chris. A.K.A.The boss.

Tajunkman.. I am truly sorry about the total lack of communication skills I showed with you. After this is all over with why don't you send me an e-mail with a want list. I have hundreds of NOS parts and probably 50 rare air cleaners. Hopefully I can make it right with you.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/32slotter View Post
After looking at all time stamps the first person to reply on the Ram Air pan was Chris. A.K.A.The boss.

Tajunkman.. I am truly sorry about the total lack of communication skills I showed with you. After this is all over with why don't you send me an e-mail with a want list. I have hundreds of NOS parts and probably 50 rare air cleaners. Hopefully I can make it right with you.
Its all good slotter Nobody is perfect and I know you are new at this. Thanks for owning up to it..

Old 04-28-2013, 07:11 AM
Senior Chief

Damn, been away a couple of days,been looking for a pair of edge guards for years !!!!

Old 04-29-2013, 12:23 AM
Senior Chief

Default What about me?

He answered my ad and offered them to me before even posting them, then said he had another set when the set he offered sold on his add here, said he would email pics then never did, too wishy washy for me.

4-24-2013, 12:56 PM

Default Re: ram air cleaner
You still interested?
Joel
canamslotter@live.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooskidoo
I am very interested in just the air cleaner pans, I am restoring a 1974 and I need the air cleaner. Please send pics to .

04-26-2013, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Did you forget about me?
I have one more. Will send you pics..
Quote:

Old 04-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Senior Chief

From what I have heard, slotter's Dad passed away and left him some awesome stuff. I have heard from other disappointed people who had same poor communications from slotter.
I also heard from some happy people who managed to buy parts from him. Thus far, I haven't heard anything about slotter ripping anyone off.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Senior Chief

Default what about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajunkman View Post
From what I have heard, slotter's Dad passed away and left him some awesome stuff. I have heard from other disappointed people who had same poor communications from slotter.
I also heard from some happy people who managed to buy parts from him. Thus far, I haven't heard anything about slotter ripping anyone off.
Well I guess I'm one of the unlucky disappointed people.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajunkman View Post
Joe Lenoir who was "1967 Ram Air" on the forums here,was a super NICE guy & had amassed a fairly substantial collection of "cool" Pontiac cars/parts....

I sold him a a 71 T/A (driver) about 20 years ago.....(that's how I met him)

Looks like it's Joel's job to distribute the treasures..

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyT/A'S View Post

Looks like it's Joel's job to distribute the treasures..
Sound like a big job too. I will say it again, nobody is perfect and he is new at this.

I hope he decides to stick around.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Joel and Joe are both standup people. After Joe passed I know there was a ton of issues that had to be dealt with, enough to bring most anyone to their knees. As time has passed Joel knows what he wants to do with the collection and yes there are some rare and very interesting items.

I've done tons of selling compared to Joel and even for me it can be overwhelming at times. What seems to work best is replying via PM's, they have a time stamp and it's pretty easy to tell who's 1st, etc. It's also up to any seller who wants to use only PM's to provide updates to original threads as items are spoken for.

So Joel, use PM's from now on as you said you probably would.

Responders to this and future for sale ads, don't PO the sellers, the parts might end up on ebay and then we all can participate in that game and probably pay more, especially for rare items.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:45 AM

Default Ram Air Air Cleaner

Just want to say that Joel is a great stand up guy. Got my air cleaner as promised and it is as described! He trusted me for the shipping charge payment and sent it before I paid him. Would do business with him anytime!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Senior Chief

My upper cowl arrived today well packed in nice shape, and he also shipped before asking for payment. Still anxiously awaiting the door edge guards, but am sure they will arrive in just as pristine condition as the cowl once they get here. Joel your PM box was full, so let me know what shipping is for the cowl and edge guards once you have a minute, so I can get it to you.

Thanks
Bob

Old 05-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Senior Chief

Default parts

Well I'm glad some of you are getting your parts.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yahoo: He said he has a lot of parts to go through. Send him a wish list and give him some time. I'm sure Joel will do his best to keep track of who asked for what first.

Personally, I'll give up on parts rather than get involved in a "feeding frenzy" Just not worth it. Also: Let those who really need a part for a project get it before someone who'll just hoard it.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Senior Chief

Default parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunctionalShaker View Post
Yahoo: He said he has a lot of parts to go through. Send him a wish list and give him some time. I'm sure Joel will do his best to keep track of who asked for what first.

Personally, I'll give up on parts rather than get involved in a "feeding frenzy" Just not worth it. Also: Let those who really need a part for a project get it before someone who'll just hoard it.
Well I need the part for my 74 and by the way he answered my add about it before he even posted it here for sale then totally blew me off. Yes I would have bought it for his asking price if he would have just followed through. Am I pissed, YES. If your going thru the trouble of PMing someone about a part you should follow thru with it not just blow the guy off and sell it to someone else. Oh well, Karma has a way of paying people back.