Old 12-07-2004, 12:01 AM

Looks like I finally found a worthy site! I'm new to the pontiac forum, I own a 67 catalina convertible and also a 68 tempest custom. Currently I am in need of a fan shroud and blade for the catalina which has the 400 2 bl.
Could anyone please provide p/n or diameter of the fan blade and shroud. I just ordered the shroud (hopefully they send the right one), the motor currently has a dodge fan blade installed when I bought the car but no shroud....needless to say...over heating when in traffic. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 12-07-2004, 12:01 AM

Looks like I finally found a worthy site! I'm new to the pontiac forum, I own a 67 catalina convertible and also a 68 tempest custom. Currently I am in need of a fan shroud and blade for the catalina which has the 400 2 bl.
Could anyone please provide p/n or diameter of the fan blade and shroud. I just ordered the shroud (hopefully they send the right one), the motor currently has a dodge fan blade installed when I bought the car but no shroud....needless to say...over heating when in traffic. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 12-07-2004, 07:44 PM

kobbymike,

The '67 Cat used a 4 blade fan about 19 inches across with no clutch. It bolts through an aluminum spacer to the water pump. The fan shroud is a one piece affair that covers the entire backside of the radiator with about a 21 inch opening for the fan to spin in. I don't know the part numbers but I can search for them if you really need them (gotta crawl over a couple of stacks of wood and Goat parts to get to the car ).
BAH

Old 12-07-2004, 08:49 PM

BAH, Sure do appreciate your feedback! I expect to recieve my shroud being shipped from tulsa tomorrow. My cat currently has about an 15" fan and dodge has been written on it, will it pull enough air to cool? Or do I try to obtain an original blade? Also is there an alternate location on the 400 to install an aftermarket temp gauge for me to get away from an idiot light yet have the light as a backup? Or is the temp unit location the only location?...no need to crawl over the woodpile but thanks for offering!

kobbymike

Old 12-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Suspended

have a 68 used shroud and plenty of used clutch fan blades if you still need them. The 15 in won't cut it.

Old 12-08-2004, 08:01 PM

Kobbymike,
I would go for a bigger fan. At best the old 4 blade fans were adequate and 37 years of corrosion have not made the cooling system more efficient. The clutch fans are more efficient and should fit your shroud with no problems. If you do not take engineer up on his offer and go junk yard shopping, be sure to mount the shroud first and measure the closest point from the shroud to the center of the water pump. This will let you know the size fan that will fit because the shrouds seldom line up on center.

P.S. engineer, what do you want for a clutch fan? I'm installing a tripower and 068 cam in the spring so more cooling will be mandatory for me too!
BAH

Old 12-09-2004, 01:34 AM

Still waiting for my schroud to arrive. Engineer, how much for a clutch fan blade? email me at kobbymike@msn.com and BAH, thanks for your input, guess I will be pulling my 15"blade, anyone need one?

Old 12-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Suspended

you all have mail.

Old 12-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Suspended

check your pirvate messages about the fan blades. Thanks