Old 02-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pecosbill, the tires are Diamondback Classics on Firestone Indy 500 cores. 225/70R-14. They fit nicely on the 14x6 wheels. If your wheels are 14x5, the 225 may be a little too wide. You'd probably be better off with a 215 or 205 width. On my car the 225's fill the front out nicely. The rear, with the narrow 64 rear axle looks like it needs more width to me. The rake on my car is achieved by using 1-1/2" taller rear springs custom made. The fronts, incorrectly identified in the article as shorter, are actually stock. The 1-1/2" rear lift changes the stock 3/4" higher front rake to a 3/4" higher rear rake. I like the old school raised rear rake.

Good luck finishing yours up.

Ron

'66 LeMans Hardtop, 400, FI, A/C, 4L80E.
'64 GTO Hardtop, "389", Tri-power, 5 speed, A/C, Yorktown Blue.
http://www.gtoaco.com
Old 02-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great article Ron. Thanks for posting the link. I can never find HPP around here.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron cozzo View Post
Thanks for the compliments and razzing people. Not much progress to report. March just seemed to fly by. Between a mini spring break with the kids, daily driver issues, and working lots of O.T., I just haven't been able to put in much time. Hope to change that soon, though it looks like work won't relent for another month. I did get all the glass from Auto City Classics for under $1000, shipped to my house. Nice looking glass. I got them mounted up in the frames, but not installed in the car yet. I'm not happy with the operation of the vent windows, too hard to close, so I need to redo those. I also finished up plumbing the brake lines to the master cylinder. This should have been a slam dunk, but was not. I ordered all '67 HO brake lines, master, proportioning valve from Right Stuff Detailing. The proportioning valve doesn't fit properly on the bracket, needed a minor modification. Then the brake line didn't fit. Fortunately they're local, I bent one up from a coat hanger, took it to their shop, and I watched as their line maker manually made one for me, no questions asked. I was in and out in 10 minutes. Awesome service. I didn't get a pic of the new line, but it fit like a glove, just like the wire I mocked up.

Again, thanks for the interest, it helps keep me motivated to get at it.
Hi Ron,

I'm just wondering what brake booster is pictures here? I'm working on fixing a botched disc brake upgrade done by the previous owner, and for some reason they only list the 11" booster for 67 and up. All applications point to a 9" for 64-66 and while that would work fine for a drum brake set up, I think the the 11" is the minimum for good pedal on a disc brake car. Hopefully you can remember the details!!

Thanks!

Old 06-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair455ca View Post
Hi Ron,

I'm just wondering what brake booster is pictures here? I'm working on fixing a botched disc brake upgrade done by the previous owner, and for some reason they only list the 11" booster for 67 and up. All applications point to a 9" for 64-66 and while that would work fine for a drum brake set up, I think the the 11" is the minimum for good pedal on a disc brake car. Hopefully you can remember the details!!

Thanks!
Ramair455ca, I used the 9" 64-66 booster. It works perfectly fine with my 69 calipers. The 11" booster won't fit on a 64-66 because there's no dimple on the inner fender.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron cozzo View Post
Ramair455ca, I used the 9" 64-66 booster. It works perfectly fine with my 69 calipers. The 11" booster won't fit on a 64-66 because there's no dimple on the inner fender.

Hi Ron,

Thanks for solving another mystery for me!! So you have been happy with the pedal and boost level of the 9" single diaphragm booster? What master Cylinder are you using?

Old 06-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The pedal and boost are fine. I even have a pretty lumpy cam but still have good pedal. All of my brake parts are for a '67 HO disc brake car, except the 64 booster and 69 calipers. I used the 67 hold off valve and the 67 distribution block.