Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '67 Bonnie 'vert....any sheet metal available?

I looked at one yesterday. Owner claimed 59K original miles. Car was loaded with mud and rotted in certain places.

A pillar on pass side was rotted, in front of the rear wheels was rotted and the channel that the weather strip sits in the trunk was rotted along with parts of the back panel. Front end and deck lid looked good.

Has a recent top but needs all the weatherstripping replaced. Needs a new carpet. Seats(bench) looked ok. Floors looked ok. Trunk needs work.
Frames on those are different than A bodies uh? Bottom looked flat..for a second I thought someone had welded a whole section of metal to the frame but I think that's how it came.

It had the low hp 400, carter 4bbl. Top end had been rebuilt and it ran nice. Someone converted it single exhaust. White, red interior, white top.

He was asking $4500 for it. I wouldn't pay more than $1500 because of the metal work involved and lack of parts available for it.

Thoughts?

Old 05-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A white one with red interior?? I know that car well. The people who owned it (Bob and Peggy Gagliard) passed away a few years ago. They lived right behind my shop. The frame had a MAJOR repair about 10 years ago and it is VERY different from an A body. It is also different than Catalina. It was pretty rusty in 1985 when they bought it in 1985 with 44000 miles on it. The miles are correct. It has been for sale for at least 3 years off and on.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
A white one with red interior?? I know that car well. The people who owned it (Bob and Peggy Gagliard) passed away a few years ago. They lived right behind my shop. The frame had a MAJOR repair about 10 years ago and it is VERY different from an A body. It is also different than Catalina. It was pretty rusty in 1985 when they bought it in 1985 with 44000 miles on it. The miles are correct. It has been for sale for at least 3 years off and on.
Sounds like the one. It was inspected and was driving but it needs a LOT of work. Yea, I thought the frame looked funky. I wonder if it's even safe to drive now. Not sure why he put a top on it and never did the seals but whatever. Not even sure there is $1500 in parts on it now. Thanks for the info Steve.