Old 06-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up VERY COOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAII 4-speed View Post
As requested here is a scan of the original window sticker................
Thank You for sharing such a special document as the Original Window Sticker!
Are going to put an original 65 AM radio back in the car?
Also I'm guessing a 3:55 or 3:36 gear in the back since it has the smaller standard fan and clutch?

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Super cool that he hung in there and didn't let go of the Transistor Ignition option.
That was a pretty pricey item for its day.

i don't see it on very many 65 documents .
i've had 2 well optioned 65 3x2 4spd Hardtops - neither had Transistor Ignition.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Von Zeppelin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2013, 06:08 AM
Senior Chief

[QUOTE=60sstuff;4951614]Thank You for sharing such a special document as the Original Window Sticker!
Are going to put an original 65 AM radio back in the car?
Also I'm guessing a 3:55 or 3:36 gear in the back since it has the smaller standard fan and clutch?[/QUOTE

The original radio was an AM radio............The original owner did order the AM/FM but cancelled it to lower the cost of the car...... He did go back to the dealer and had them install the AM/FM 8-track that is now in the car, I do have the original AM still in the box that the AM/FM 8-track came in.
The owner tells me that the car has the 3:55 gears in it that was standard on the car, He did order the Posi (AKA safety track) I am not sure what you mean when you satated "since it has the smaller standard fan and clutch?"

Last edited by RAII 4-speed; 06-17-2013 at 06:10 AM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 06-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just found this post, and I must say that is an incredible car and purchase! Love the documentation and owner history. I want to know how you found out about the car, and the story behind how you were able to purchase it from the original owner. Very cool car to keep original.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
That is as lucky as hitting the lottery, nice score .
That depends on what he paid for it Thinking the seller feels like HE hit the lottery.

Very cool though, I bet you're excited.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice window sticker.

Do you have the PHS billing history card?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 06-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice everything. No matter what was paid, it was a win-win-win situation. The original owner got what he wanted after a lifetime of enjoying the car, the new owner gets to do the same, and, thankfully, the new owner is sharing it with all the rest of us. That's all right by me!!

Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JOHN View Post
Just found this post, and I must say that is an incredible car and purchase! Love the documentation and owner history. I want to know how you found out about the car, and the story behind how you were able to purchase it from the original owner. Very cool car to keep original.
I found out by word of mouth..... The car was literally a 1/2 mile away from where I live.
I heard about it in 2009 (when I posted first about the car) But the owner wanted way too much for it then.
I went back to his house a week ago and we came to an agreement that we are both happy with.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Nice window sticker.

Do you have the PHS billing history card?

I do not have or need the PHS on the car since I have all the original paperwork for the car.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
Nice everything. No matter what was paid, it was a win-win-win situation. The original owner got what he wanted after a lifetime of enjoying the car, the new owner gets to do the same, and, thankfully, the new owner is sharing it with all the rest of us. That's all right by me!!

VERY WELL SAID ......

I will have pics of all the original crayon marks ect ect soon if anyone wants to see them Also the car still has the original spiral shocks in it and they are still working great!

Old 06-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Senior Chief

the original owner told me that the top has only been down a half of dozen times and the last time was over 30 years ago and he never installed the boot on it.
I just tried the top and it worked great!
I found the boot in the trunk and it is in perfect shape It was folded up in a black plastic type bag. Is that the way they came from the Factory?

Old 06-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thats incredible the car was less than a mile away! You never saw it driving around before? Must be very low miles. Looks like a perfect survivor type car. Again, congrats on the purchase, that is one fantastic car!

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 06-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I do not have or need the PHS on the car since I have all the original paperwork for the car.
My motive was basically for the dealer code and dealer zone code on the billing history card.
I don't have that dealer in my database and was trying to determine it from the card.

Dealer Code Input form

Your other paper work have any thing like that on it?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 06-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Boost Engineer

Would a Fremont Car have the same codes as Pontiac Mi or would they be like KC,
John V? Sure it has been posted several times before just to lazy to search for it.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:28 PM

cant believe i missed this love it sweet car and a great find way to stick with it

original ca car
Old 06-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Probably on the P-O-P, I expect it will be around 23-385.

Warren-Vivaldi was formerly Earl Smith Motors. Was located at 1530 J Street in Sacramento.

This was the building.

http://hellerpacific.com/wp-content/...er_elliott.pdf

W-V was at that location in May, 1960 when they submitted a bid for a Catalina to the City of Sacramento for a car to be used by the City's Engineering Dept. Looked like a Buick LeSabre beat out the Pontiac and also a Dodge bid.

The building was built for Elliott Pontiac and served that dealership from 1922-1938. It then became Earl Smith Pontiac from 1939-1956.

Warren-Vivaldi took over the building from 1957-1969.

It then housed Art Zier Pontiac from 1970-1972.

Winter Volvo operated there from 1973-1993.

Finally, Daugherty Chevrolet from 1993-2001.

In 2002, the plan to convert the building to lofts was conceived, the East End Lofts is the usage today.

The Following User Says Thank You to John V. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Would a Fremont Car have the same codes as Pontiac Mi or would they be like KC,
John V? Sure it has been posted several times before just to lazy to search for it.

Tom Vaught
Tom, the Fremont cars were not coded like the '64 KC & Balt cars (with their Chevy derived sales codes) but the Window Stickers were different than you would see for a Pontiac Plant car.

Judging from this one, the Fremont Window Sticker layout changed just a tad for '65.

In '64, the Fremont Window Sticker options were listed alphabetically according to UPC so that A02 would have been listed 1st and typically, the W62 GTO option was the last option in the list. The Pontiac numerical sales code followed the option description but they were not in numeric order.

In '65, the options still showed the UPC but now they were listed by the numerical order of the Pontiac sales code so that Sales Code 382 (GTO option) was now the first listed.

Pontiac Plant Window Stickers did not reflect UPCs.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Senior Chief

a few members have asked me about the seat belts option, I called the original owner a few mins ago and he told me that seat belts had to be ordered in California on this car, he stated it was like the emissions they had to be ordered as well..... He then told me that he was stationed on a Navy base in Sacramento and that no one could enter the base without seat belts on....In fact he claims that he would sometimes have passengers in the rear seat and he had the dealer install the rear seat belts..... In the picture attached, you will see the option for the seat belts on the fire wall tag A49.

Last edited by RAII 4-speed; 06-17-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Senior Chief

Any idea what the "2 1" on the upper right corner is for? I know on my fremont build 66 I have a 23 which is the zone.
This car is amazing! Gives us all hopes of others sitting out there!

Old 06-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

RAII, A49 is the code for the Custom Seat Belt w/ Retractors option.

GM made front seat belts standard in all GM passenger cars starting with all builds after Dec. 31, 1963, during the 1964 Model Year. They bowed to gov't and insurance industry pressure when they announced the move.

PMD raised the Base Sticker price of all '64 A Body Models by $11 to account for this change. Base prices were in whole dollar increments.

Since front seat belts were not yet Federally mandated, PMD introduced a Seat Belt Delete option at the same time that would give you a credit of $11. This option could only be ordered for cars to be sold by dealers NOT in a State that had already legislated front seat belts. For example, NY state passed a law that went into effect starting with all cars built after July 31, 1964 (so effectively intended for the '65 Model Year.

The A49 option in '64 was REDUCED in price by $10.76 at the same time (prior to Jan 1, 1964, the A49 option was priced at $18.29). $10.76 was the price for the standard belts option (A20) prior to Jan 1, 1964, since it was no longer an option, the standard (no retractors) seat belt option was eliminated. Since belts were now standard, the revised price to get the custom belts with retractors was only to cover the cost of the retractors.

In '65, the same situation existed.

Standard belts were included in the base content and Base Price.

The Seat Belt Delete option was still offered with the same $11 credit.

The A49 Custom Belts with Retractors remained an option for '65, UPC A49 and the price remained the same $7.53 as it was for the latter half of '64 even though the retractors were a huge improvement over the cheapie winders used in '64.

The original owner is remembering it incorrectly. He did in fact order the A49 Seat Belt option.

But he would have gotten seat belts even if he had not ordered the Custom Seat Belts with Retractors option.

I do not believe Calif was even one of the first to pass a seat belt law. I'm pretty certain he could still have ordered the seat belt delete option in Calif for '65 (not withstanding the Navy's rule that his car would have needed seat belts to get on base).

My recollection is that only NY & Wis state law required seat belts in '65.

No state required you to order the seat belts with retractors, so he could have skipped that option and the car would have gotten seat belts anyway.

Not all Fremont builds intended for the Cal market got the A49 belt option in '65 (or late '64 either). But unless the rarely ordered seat belt delete option was specified, the car was built with front belts.

The Cal emission option is a different story. That WAS a Cal law and all builds intended to be sold in Cal required that option starting Jan 1, 1964 (my Fremont '64 was built in Nov. '63 and sold in Fresno but was not equipped with the Cal emission option because the law had not taken effect yet).