Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 01-24-2016, 05:51 PM
Senior Chief

Default SVGTO's 9th Annual All Pontiac Show

Saturday August 20, 2016 (rain date the 27th)
Show: 9a-3p
A.Herr Park: Landisville, PA
15.00 pre-reg by August 13: 20.00 D.O.S.

12 classes Stock & Modified
Best of Show Awards / Longest distance
Model Car Contest
Raffle/Door Prizes, 50/50
Catered Food
Great period Music
Trailer parking
Park setting with plenty of shade

Register online or download a flyer/registration form
http://svgto.com/svgto-all-pontiac-show.htm

Keep up to date on this show on our facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/events/396711390525876/

Old 01-31-2016, 08:01 AM

Thumbs up

Any chance you're having Uncle Miltie back this year?

68 Mustang FB-Green/Black (Bullitt)
Old 01-31-2016, 02:40 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tininjun68 View Post
Any chance you're having Uncle Miltie back this year?
No, not that we wouldn't love to.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

darn. I would love to bring my Judge but I will never ever go to any popular vote show any more.

Ever.

You need a judged show

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, Safe T track, 3.55's, ps and radio.

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White on white with black interior
4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac.
One of 26 made
Old 01-31-2016, 05:28 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingn View Post
darn. I would love to bring my Judge but I will never ever go to any popular vote show any more.

Ever.

You need a judged show
We don't need a judged show. Not gonna happen sorry. I've seen the arguments from those who feel they were "short pointed" then tell the volunteer judges they don't know what they're looking at. I got X amount of points at the other show and out pointed his car over there, and your show he gets more points than me? Arguments ensue then stated I am not coming back your judges don't have a clue what they're looking at. Works both ways. P.V. vs. Judged. We've had no issues with our P.V. show in the 8 years we've been doing it.

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 01-31-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

of course you don't. The complainers will always win a pv show! I've been showing cars for 40 years and properly judged shows are always better for everyone. I used to be in the Mustang world, and they all go to pv shows in large groups just so they can win every show.. And they do. If 'they' who judge don't have a has a clue about what is right of night how would an owner of a 1925 Pontiac have a clue about a 2006 GTO?

Good luck!

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, Safe T track, 3.55's, ps and radio.

One of 26 made

Last edited by flyingn; 01-31-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:01 PM

Vic,
I think you and your club put on one of the best local shows around, especially an all Pontiac show. If you have not been to this show and are a Pontiac fan it is a must attend, of course this is just my opinion as I am a Pontiac enthusiast and not a trophy hunter. Keep up the great work SVGTO.
Jeff

Old 01-31-2016, 07:32 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455 pontiac View Post
Vic,
I think you and your club put on one of the best local shows around, especially an all Pontiac show. If you have not been to this show and are a Pontiac fan it is a must attend, of course this is just my opinion as I am a Pontiac enthusiast and not a trophy hunter. Keep up the great work SVGTO.
Jeff
Thanks Jeff, appreciate the kind words. We're busy working on our 2016 event.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Please, i am not saying you don't put on a good show, I just wanted to possibly help you to put on a better show, that's all. Most of my serious show car friends all feel the same way as me and I truly believe you will get a bigger turnout if you get a group of Judges together, train them on what to look for and set em loose. Just helping you

One of 26 made
Old 01-31-2016, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

x100 what 455Pontiac said, OUTSTANDING show! I am thrilled to see a couple hundred Pontiacs in one place and rub elbows with a bunch of fellow Ponti-addicts. One of the best run shows I have ever been to, looking forward to it! I personally could care less if they stopped giving out trophies! Thanks Vic & SVGTO for making it happen! It was VERY cool meeting Milt there last year.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:26 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Please, i am not saying you don't put on a good show, I just wanted to possibly help you to put on a better show, that's all. Most of my serious show car friends all feel the same way as me and I truly believe you will get a bigger turnout if you get a group of Judges together, train them on what to look for and set em loose. Just helping you
No offense, I understand what you're saying. We pulled in a few cars shy of 200 Pontiac's last year. For us to judge each car will take an armada of people. To properly judge we'd have to hold a technical seminar and go through a process. Then these volunteers would forfeit their day working and not enjoying the show. Then we'd have to have another group assembling awards and such. We do not give out trophies for class winners our awards are personalized each guest gets a picture of their car, we send them out during the show to have them professionally processed. It takes quite a few people to assemble awards. Add that body of people onto the armada of judges, well you can see where I am going with this.

If we'd judge it would be first class, not take volunteers and ask hey point as you see fit. My see fit is different than the next guys. It would have to be done right. We want people to come back not get ticked off cause this judge was not to the caliber the owner thinks he or she should be.

One thing that differentiates our show and other Pontiac shows from the standard ones is Pontiac people are like a family. I see many of the same folks from our show at other shows. We don't have the typical buddy system of 20 buddies voting for ones car. Believe me I witnessed what you referenced MANY times at many non Pontiac shows. It just doesn't happen at our show. Sure you're gonna get buddies voting for each other thats pretty much normal in a PV show but the group votes don't happen. We'd see it through our computer based software we use. Rarely does the same person win best of class multiple years. Our PV run show doesn't experience what many other mixed events do.

If one's car is of concours quality people will vote for it. We put our show on for our guests and every few years we include in the goodybag a questionnaire on what do you think could be improved, or what would you like to see added or removed. It's overwhelming, don't change a thing. We listen to our guests. The only thing we won't do that was asked is include a swap meet. That is not a format we're interested in at this time. If a majority of our guests wanted a judged show then we'd consider it. We're employing the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach.

I do appreciate your input Frank I am all for improving our show, our show is for fun, it's not a serious National event, most of the cars are driver quality cars and those that are national winners, have no problems winning at our show. Thanks for your input. .

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 01-31-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The SVGTO show is one of the best shows of any car shows around..... period.

I've been to Judged shows and some of those doing the judging haven't a clue as to what they're doing... or judging. Especially for modified cars.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
No offense, I understand what you're saying. We pulled in a few cars shy of 200 Pontiac's last year. For us to judge each car will take an armada of people. To properly judge we'd have to hold a technical seminar and go through a process. Then these volunteers would forfeit their day working and not enjoying the show. Then we'd have to have another group assembling awards and such. We do not give out trophies for class winners our awards are personalized each guest gets a picture of their car, we send them out during the show to have them professionally processed. It takes quite a few people to assemble awards. Add that body of people onto the armada of judges, well you can see where I am going with this.

If we'd judge it would be first class, not take volunteers and ask hey point as you see fit. My see fit is different than the next guys. It would have to be done right. We want people to come back not get ticked off cause this judge was not to the caliber the owner thinks he or she should be.

One thing that differentiates our show and other Pontiac shows from the standard ones is Pontiac people are like a family. I see many of the same folks from our show at other shows. We don't have the typical buddy system of 20 buddies voting for ones car. Believe me I witnessed what you referenced MANY times at many non Pontiac shows. It just doesn't happen at our show. Sure you're gonna get buddies voting for each other thats pretty much normal in a PV show but the group votes don't happen. We'd see it through our computer based software we use. Rarely does the same person win best of class multiple years. Our PV run show doesn't experience what many other mixed events do.

If one's car is of concours quality people will vote for it. We put our show on for our guests and every few years we include in the goodybag a questionnaire on what do you think could be improved, or what would you like to see added or removed. It's overwhelming, don't change a thing. We listen to our guests. The only thing we won't do that was asked is include a swap meet. That is not a format we're interested in at this time. If a majority of our guests wanted a judged show then we'd consider it. We're employing the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach.

I do appreciate your input Frank I am all for improving our show, our show is for fun, it's not a serious National event, most of the cars are driver quality cars and those that are national winners, have no problems winning at our show. Thanks for your input. .
To back up Vic on this, most people have no idea the work and effort that goes into the balloting, tabulating and trophy distribution. It's an enormous job. One that a local chapter of a club is just not setup to handle.

Old 02-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Ever.

You need a judged show
Frank, Do you mean you wouldn't enter your show car or that you wouldn't even display your car or you wouldn't even personally attend without your car?

Old 02-20-2016, 03:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
Frank, Do you mean you wouldn't enter your show car or that you wouldn't even display your car or you wouldn't even personally attend without your car?
I would attend the show but wont go thru all the work of enclosed trailing it to a show where the guy with the most friends wins as i will know no one at that show,. Sorry for the salty attitude but I have been a part of too many 'popular vote' shows and they are most of the time unfair. I swore never again after huge popular vote event last summer where one of every 6 cars would win a trophy and getting beat by new cars with grease caked engines because he had more friends then me.

One of 26 made
Old 02-20-2016, 08:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've been running judged voted car shows for years. Its not that hard to do if you know what you are doing. I can come up a group of judges who can *FAIRLY* pick the cars that should win every class. We have the experience and knowledge to do it right. Never had a problem at any show we we have had over the years. If you are worried about judges choosing the wrong car because they don't know much about a certain car.. what is the difference then a participant who may know even less about the cars they are judging. Im sorry but not doing it *right* is taking the easy way out. Sure doing it right takes more planning and forethought but in the end you will get a better product. Its like anything in life,. More effort in, equals a better product out.

One of 26 made
Old 02-20-2016, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I would attend the show but wont go thru all the work of enclosed trailing it to a show where the guy with the most friends wins as i will know no one at that show,. Sorry for the salty attitude but I have been a part of too many 'popular vote' shows and they are most of the time unfair. I swore never again after huge popular vote event last summer where one of every 6 cars would win a trophy and getting beat by new cars with grease caked engines because he had more friends then me.
I get it. You are not alone. Not to jack this thread, but we've considered it for the PY/Pypes Open House event in June. Shoot me an e-mail on how you could help us pull off. chrisc@maxperformancinc.com

Last edited by Ccass; 02-20-2016 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not to showing cars and I will jump in here and agree that going to a PV show when you don't bring a posse of friends can be very discouraging if you are there for the trophy or recognition. My first two shows were one of each. I took home 2 trophies at the judged show and nothing at the PV show. I'm ok not winning, but watching a crowd of people who came together all win awards regardless of their cars is discouraging.

Now I understand better how these things work, so if I went to a PV show, I wouldn't worry about winning, I'd just go for the fun and leave when I want to leave. Staying an extra 1-3 hours to wait for trophy time is a waste.

Sounds like this show is a good, big Poncho show. Also, as noted above, being that it's a Pontiac only show seems to help - and I could certainly see that.

Just my .02.

469, M21, 3.42

Old 02-26-2016, 08:45 AM

It is a good show! You get to see a lot of Pontiacs that you do not normally see locally. Plus other cars. My question is, did you pay $70,000 for a car to win $15 trophies??? Take it out and have fun showing it to people and talking about the car.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat guy View Post
It is a good show! You get to see a lot of Pontiacs that you do not normally see locally. Plus other cars. My question is, did you pay $70,000 for a car to win $15 trophies??? Take it out and have fun showing it to people and talking about the car.
Of course not. Don't be silly. BUT when you get beat by a driver with a grease caked engine and then they throw it in your face.. After you spend tons of time detailing and cleaning your car..

Forget about it.

Im sure its a great show though.

One of 26 made