Old 04-07-2004, 07:23 PM

New to the site. Maybe I can get some info. Used to own a junk 73 Cat and I still have the 400 engine and TH400 trannie. Where do I get info to rebuid this stuff for more power. All the local bookstores have Chevy stuff and of course no Pontiac. Would like to rebuild these and find an old Bonneville or Catalina to put it in.

Old 04-07-2004, 07:23 PM

New to the site. Maybe I can get some info. Used to own a junk 73 Cat and I still have the 400 engine and TH400 trannie. Where do I get info to rebuid this stuff for more power. All the local bookstores have Chevy stuff and of course no Pontiac. Would like to rebuild these and find an old Bonneville or Catalina to put it in.

Old 04-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm fairly new to this website, so I am not sure about other resources here. But,I can tell you another Website www.classicalpontiac.com, click on the Q & A section, there are alot of posts about different engine builds and recommendations. This summer there is going to be a book released by Jim Hand, the will be a how to for Pontiacs engines. if you go to classicalpontiac.com check out topic # 50325.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Spend some time here and Really get to know where the knowledge is at!
Take the time to decide on what your car usage is and what you expect from your engine.
From there people here can help.
There are Shop owners and builders that frequent the forums on a daily basis!

Old 04-13-2004, 03:38 PM

You can contact KRE (www.krepower.com), Jim Butler Perf (www.jbp-pontiac.com) or several others. These guys work on Pontiacs only and can assist you with what you will need for a HI PO rebuild. Pick up a copy of High Performance Pontiac magazine or Pontiac Enthusiast magazine for more Pontiac vendors.

65 Catalina 2DHT, 389 bored 0.060 over, Crower 60916 cam, #16 heads, CR Q-Jet, TH400, Continental 13", 3.42 Posi, Frame-off resto, RARE Long branch manifolds, 2-1/2" Pypes with X-pipe and Goerlich Turbo mufflers