Old 06-17-2023, 12:00 AM

Default 80 TA Pace Car Radiator recommendation

I live in the desert and was wondering if any one has had experience with fitting an aluminum radiator that they had good experience

I would like to add fans because of the desert heat but do not know if it will interfere with the AC condenser

I have fans on a Chevelle before and they are invaluable

There are so many aluminum radiators out there with and without fans

any experience would be helpful

don't want to pay the factory original price and shipping crazy price

As Always Thanks Again

Old 06-17-2023, 09:43 AM
Suspended

Does it overheat already with stock setup? You live in the US? How bad can shipping be, from the US. I can suggest some in Australia, if you like.

Old 06-17-2023, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

many alum radiators to choose from, depends on your budget, anywhere from 250 shipped to $600+.

I have a 500+hp stroker pontiac that i use a basic champion 3 row radiator with the stock fan/shroud set up, cools the car excellent in almost any driving situation or outside temps.

while i dont live in the desert, i can drive the car anywhere or do drag racing all day long, i live in the midwest & we get mid 90's with high humidity, im not sure of the numbers but higher humidity is harder to cool an engine than low humidity. regardless of that, the champion is a very nice radiator with a no hassle lifetime warranty, i had one that developed a small leak, not the radiators fault... champion sent a new radiator to install along with a prepaid return label for the old one... no down time or hassles at all. pretty sure most other brands wont do that, have to return the old one first then get a replacement.

There are better radiators but for a lot more money, champions get very good reviews & they are a easy drop in replacement. i would stick with the stock fan/shroud set up, way more reliable & from what ive read will cool as good or better than the majority of electric fans.