Test & Tune Ask questions about the features and functions of the Forums.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:33 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Default A bug?

In the "Other models Pontiac Tech" forum, the 'Quote' of a prior post isn't working for me. When I click on 'Quote' I'm taken to the general 'Reply' routine. 'Quote' still works fine for me in the other forums.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Hi Jack
I don't seem to be having a problem in that section but maybe I'm not understanding what you are experiencing. Anytime I click one of the quote buttons, it opens the usual Reply to Thread screen but includes the post I chose to quote inside quote tags. Do you usually get something different or is it not adding the quoted post to the reply field?

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quote-issue.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	319141  

Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Steve- thanks for looking.
I'm talking about clicking on the "Quote" icon- the one with the feather-pen. Instead of being presented with the complete text of the post, I just get a blank 'reply' screen.

Edit: I now see that it's just one particular thread in that forum- the 1931 Pontiac thread. But it seems to be true of all posts to that thread.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:23 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Steve- this problem is different than I thought. It turns out that when I click on 'Quote' in that particular thread, the resulting 'Reply' screen is about eight times as wide as my monitor! So the window appeared to be blank, until I dragged the image way to the left and discovered that the 'Quote' image had been way off-screen to the right. I have no idea how that can happen?

Edit: Okay, I guess this is the deal- post#60 (page 3) of that thread contains a photo that's about a mile wide!

Sorry to trouble you...

Last edited by Jack Gifford; 04-14-2013 at 02:30 AM.