Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default '67 Carpet & Seat Tracks, Pic Needed

I need to cut my carpet around the seat tracks and would love a couple of pictures of an original 67 or 68 big car with buckets, to use as a guideline. ( A car with power drivers bucket would be even better. )

Many thanks in advance,
Harry

Old 09-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Bump - Still looking guys, someone has to have a digital camera and an original carpet in their car? ? ?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default carpet

Coach,

I replaced the original front seat carpet in my '69 Bonneville earlier this summer. I did use the original as a template to make the basic cuts but overall I just used an exact-0 to make the proper cuts around the seat rail frames. I wanted to make sure that I had all the flaps to cover up all the bolts. I have power seat and wanted to make sure it had enough to fit under the little plastic tabs as well. Overall it came out very well. I made these detail cuts after I put the carpet back in the car to have the correct alignment.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Harry,

Here's a pic of my driver's seat. Original seat and carpet; haven't taken it apart yet. This is one of the front seat mounts. The rear mounts are so far up under the seat, I couldn't get a picture of them. Not sure if this shows what you want to see. I'll try and get something else if you need it. All the mounts are covered by carpet, which is trimmed neatly around each mounting point.

Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000886.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	217790  

Old 09-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default carpet replacement

Coach,

Take the carpet out and the seats then you can lay the new carpet in. Mark where the mounting holes are. Take the seats off of the frame mounts and then set them in place aligned with them with mounting holes. Use an exact-O knife to cut around the frame perimeter so that the flaps fold from the inside out and from front to rear where applicable. Any "imperfections" will be minimal and unnoticeable

I freshened up the paint on the mounting rails while everything was apart as well.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks all,

This shouldn't be too bad.

Best, -Harry