Old 06-15-2020, 10:08 PM

Default Ram Air V

there have been some pretty juicy RA V parts on ebay these days...transistor ignition system, crank, cam and my favorite; original (used) Ram Air V rods. Check them out here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Ram...4AAOSwDpte3lpf

Old 06-15-2020, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Only 6 rods!tom

Old 06-15-2020, 10:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

So what do RAV crankshafts typically trade hands for?

Old 06-15-2020, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

About 1500-2000

Old 06-15-2020, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You can buy a brand new Ohio forged for about $700.I just bought one for my 383 RA V build.Tom

Old 06-16-2020, 09:29 PM
Senior Chief

I need to fine tune my automatic searches. I wasn’t aware of any of that.... ☹️

1963 Tempest Convertible (195-1bbl, 3-speed transaxle. 428 RAIV, 5-speed, IRS planned) Pictures
Old 06-16-2020, 11:00 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlBraun View Post
there have been some pretty juicy RA V parts on ebay these days...transistor ignition system, crank, cam and my favorite; original (used) Ram Air V rods. Check them out here
Was the CD Ignition the package from MichaelZ505 in Albquerque at Renu-A-Vette? If so, I’m pretty sure it’s a restamped distributor, but he says it’s a real 115345 CDI box. BUT, he guts the cd internals and retrofits a transistor Ignition board in its place. It will work fine, but it’s not the same. This converts it from capacitive discharge to an inductive system equivalent to HEI. He’s honest about what he does, so I’m not knocking him, but that seems like a lot of money to not be the real thing.

1963 Tempest Convertible (195-1bbl, 3-speed transaxle. 428 RAIV, 5-speed, IRS planned) Pictures
Old 06-17-2020, 08:20 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekuhn View Post
Was the CD Ignition the package from MichaelZ505 in Albquerque at Renu-A-Vette? If so, I’m pretty sure it’s a restamped distributor, but he says it’s a real 115345 CDI box. BUT, he guts the cd internals and retrofits a transistor Ignition board in its place. It will work fine, but it’s not the same. This converts it from capacitive discharge to an inductive system equivalent to HEI. He’s honest about what he does, so I’m not knocking him, but that seems like a lot of money to not be the real thing.
Tom;
Zoom in on the box, it looks like a restamp as well.
He wanted me to send him a pic of the square coil bracket I made up so he could reproduce them and sell them with the kit.
He did that with the box mounting bracket from another Ram V enthusiast.
Might be a nice guy, just not a fan.
KC

Old 06-17-2020, 09:03 AM
Senior Chief

I had heard about the box bracket story which is not cool. I think you're right on the box being restamped - but it is possible that D-R did it. If you've ever visited https://delcoremyperformanceignitionsystems.net/, the 1115345 box that he owns also has had the last digit restamped, although his might be an engineering testing unit. Makes me wonder if they started recycling boxes to make the RAV unit if they had a lot of the over the counter retrofit kits gathering dust. The coil pictured with his $4,000.00 package is a #296 which has the correct appearance, but is not the correct #406. It's unknown if it has the same electrical characteristics, but I would suspect not. He also has the decal installed upside down.