Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Original Parts Group - OPG

Horrible Horrible Horrible service!!!
I will never use them again

Ordered a dash pad for my 67 GTO.. I did research and thought they had the best one available and the price was fair and since it was over a certain price I was getting free shipping
The web site said in stock so I place the order online.
Of course the order goes right thru but I don't get the free shipping and and then notice on order "Item not in stock"
So now I have to call and and the wait time is over 10 mins
I finally get an operator and he tells me my order scheduled ship date is in 2 weeks. Against my better judgement I say ok.
2 weeks goes by and I call again, wait over 10 mins on hold again
Sales rep says 2 weeks again. I wait again and then I decide to cancel for good
I cant cancel online. I call again and this time the wait time is 22 minutes!
The girl cancels my order. I ask when my card will be credited back and she tells me the card was never charged. I inform her she is wrong. Puts me on hold for over 15 minutes. Comes back and says my card will be credited back in 3-5 day
Well that was actually more like 9 days
23 days wasted and 57 minutes total on hold

Old 05-25-2020, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a similar experience recently. I ordered a wood wheel mounting kit from them and received a cheap plastic collar in the kit that was cracked and wasn’t even spray painted to look like chrome.

I had to pay shipping to send the kit back, pay a 20% restocking fee, and then was told the plastic collar is broken and I won’t be getting a refund for it, even though i told them it was broken when I got it. It’s been a month and I haven’t received a refund for the other parts in the kit either. Never again.

Old combo:
462 10.75 CR,,SD 330CFM Round Port E's,Old Faithful cam,Jim Hand Continental,3.42's.
1968 Pontiac GTO : 11.114 @ 120.130 MPH

New combo:
517 MR-1,10.8 CR,SD 350CFM E's,QFT 950/Northwind,246/252 HR,9.5” 4000 stall,3.42's
636HP/654TQ
1.452 10.603 @ 125.09
http://www.dragtimes.com/Pontiac-GTO...lip-31594.html
Old 06-17-2020, 07:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default OPG = No Good

i had a similar experience w/ OPG.
20+ years ago they had a full Ram Air kit for '71-72 GTO in their catalog. The salesman said it was in stock so
I sent them a money order for the $1K.
Months passed.
Eventually after several phone calls; they told me they didnt have it and never had it.
I said "But it's in your catalog", "your salesman said it was in stock".
They replied " that was probably the only one."
And because i paid with a M/O, they couldnt refund me?
I settled for 1K worth of other junk that they had in stock; an ill fitting rear valance and a few other things that were low quality; and took several weeks to arrive.
Never again.