Old 07-03-2020, 11:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to David Brown
Default Under dash wiring

I have some wires that are not connected and I am at a loss as to where (or if) they get connected. My car has every option. Power windows, locks and top all work. But what is the pink wire for and where does it connect? Also, the inline fuse...what is it for ? I am not good at reading and understanding a wiring diagram. The fuse has brown wires going into it and comes from the whitish connector.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Underdash Wiring (1).jpg
Views:	167
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	544143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Underdash Wiring (2).jpg
Views:	170
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	544144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Underdash Wiring (4).jpg
Views:	167
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	544145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Underdash Wiring (5).jpg
Views:	178
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	544146  

Old 07-03-2020, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you have cruise control? Because later cars (1 year later) used that brown wire with fuse setup for the cruise control:

As far as the pink wire goes, it's obviously for a switched +12V source, but even on heavily loaded cars I've found wires that don't get used for anything and remain unplugged. It may have been for something that was removed as an option but remained in the harness. I do not have access to my books so I cannot read the diagram and see what it was listed for.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:48 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes the car has cruise, but I am not sure of what amp fuse goes in the fuse holder. The car has every option available for 1970 and none have been removed. I took the car off the road a few years back for restoration (that as usual, took longer than expected) and everything worked before. I had the dash out to fix a little rust in the corners between the dash and the windshield, so wiring was disconnected. Time has helped my memory fade a little about the various connections. Losing some photos in a computer crash didn't help matters either. Brown wires go into the inline fuse.

Old 07-06-2020, 01:30 PM

https://s292.photobucket.com/user/ho...g.html?filters[user]=67598970&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

David,
I don't know if this picture will load but here is where the pink wire is attached on my 1970 Bonneville convertible. If the picture doesn't work then it is connected to the ACC port right next to the radio fuse. It appears to connect on the other end to possibly a flasher unit?
Dan

Old 07-06-2020, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

by memory (without looking at my cars or manuals) pink is the power feed for the power trunk, clock and glovebox+dash courtesy lights

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)
Old 07-06-2020, 03:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I will check those locations.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by north View Post
by memory (without looking at my cars or manuals) pink is the power feed for the power trunk, clock and glovebox+dash courtesy lights
Those are orange on the cars I've taken apart. I know my '67 and '71+ cars were. The pink wire is ignition switched and the orange is full time +12V. I know the dash courtesy lights in my '67s was an orange with black stripe wire as was the glovebox light.