Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

View Poll Results: Recommened 1968 Parchment Pearl Interior Paint
NPD 3-Stage Pearl (Base Parchment , Pearl, Gloss) 0 0%
Amers Performance - VDM28 (Single Stage) 1 100.00%
OER M28 (Single Stage) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2020, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1968 Parchment Pearl Interior Paint Opinions

Need to paint some interior parts of my 1968 Firebird. This has the one-year only parchment pearl. Looking for the best source, in terms of quality, ease of use, color match, etc.

UPDATE: Can't seem to delete this post or change the thread, but appears the correct OER is PP825B. The other might be for 1967

Last edited by amcmike; 04-29-2020 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Have you tried Kolor Korrect?

Old 04-30-2020, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Wild_Cat View Post
Have you tried Kolor Korrect?

Actually had not heard of them before. Hopefully some have had experience with them.

Old 04-30-2020, 03:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've recently had some sprayouts of there colors for my 64...as far as I can tell the color and texture is spot on. Service and communication has also been top notch. Some folks on this forum have used and recommended them as well, which is how I found them.

Old 05-08-2020, 01:26 PM
Senior Chief

I have the same year firebird with the same interior color. I bought a can of interior paint from Ames in pearl parchment and it looks real good. It is recommended that you first lay a base coat of standard white then you spray the pearl parchment on top of that. Looks good!

Old 05-14-2020, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have an original parchment interior and the soft surfaces are pearl too, I thought it was 67/68? The hard surfaces are not pearl parchment.... I need to touch up my windlace and was just going to ask if the windlace is pearl like the seats or not.

AmcMike, is your windlace pearl?

6.0 cert. Fiat bodied altered blown alcohol Pontiac IAII-Sold
Old 05-15-2020, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGTO View Post
I have an original parchment interior and the soft surfaces are pearl too, I thought it was 67/68? The hard surfaces are not pearl parchment.... I need to touch up my windlace and was just going to ask if the windlace is pearl like the seats or not.

AmcMike, is your windlace pearl?

My interior was a color change, redone in 1997 by a previous owner (based on panel tag dates). It was originally the green-ish gold color (pretty ugly) based on the documentation plus where some of the pieces were painted started to peel.

So unfortunately I can't tell you what color the windlace should be, since all those hard plastic pieces were repainted over the old color.