Old 07-29-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 DAYTONA View Post
Mike,

...that may be it's only show outing for the year, but I do drive it occasionally....getting the square tires changed this week I hope

...you are most welcome to visit my garage anytime and see the other stuff too if you like
After
Norwalk /Mopar Nats we'l have to set something up.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 10-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If sold new in March 69 it is fairly early. I would like to know the build week and plant it came from.

Also, please tell me how the cables are attached to each other under the hood at the upper ram air pan. Are they attached using a small block or a stamped piece of metal/bolt/washer/nut? I would love to see a picture if the latter. This was apparently used for a very short time at the Baltimore plant at least. Mine has this setup.

Great find!

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Senior Chief

Awesome. In the original/new owner picture, it looks like a front chin spoiler there?

Is there a close up by anychance, or just a shadow.
Thank you.

"Yes, it's a real GTO. I know the scoops, spoiler, exhaust tips, and rear wheels are wrong. Umm, sure it's the 'big block' 400, you are quite the expert. I am driving in the rain, at night, running errands, with the kids who are eating and having ice cream in the back, after going to the drag strip, burning rubber, and blowing donuts. Do you really think it's numbers matching all original?"
Old 10-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairthreegto View Post
Awesome. In the original/new owner picture, it looks like a front chin spoiler there?

Is there a close up by anychance, or just a shadow.
Thank you.
It is an air baffle that is original to many/all of these cars. My Judge has its original. There is a repoduction of it, but I am not sure that it uses the exact original material. The original material is the same as the material used to make the original filler between the radiator and the nose.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.