Old 06-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 1931 Pontiac Butchered

I just seen a 1931 Pontiac that has been butchered, when I first saw it was in near perfect stock condition. Now it has a 305 with a 350 Th. the front end was cut off a ford mustang front end welded on. Poorly I may add. The rear is out of an olds and is welded to the rear leaf springs. The steering column (Chevy) is held on by water clamps. The front seats are out of a junk yard car. I would be afraid to drive the car in the parking lot. When he tried it out for the first time the front end came loose and he hit the guardrail. Most of the factory parts have been hauled off to the scrap yard. The original seats are lying outside in the weeds. He’s asking 18,500 if anyone is Interested. But it’s a piece of Junk!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:40 PM

Default 1931 pontiac butchered

I have a '31 Pontiac rumble seat coupe that is all original, but I will be turning it into a street rod as soon as I finish my '69 Judge. I like the look of the I-beam dropped front axle better than mustang front. i have a '69 YS 400 that I will stroke to 434 with matching 62 heads and ram air exhaust manifolds. I want something old school for intake, such as 3-2s, or 2-4s, or maybe even Hilborn injectors. i've got a '70 GP 12bolt posi with new 3:31 gears setup. Mine will be full fendered with running boards. I'm still studying and learning about how to build a street rod and as soon as the Judge is finished, i can get started. I haven't decided what to do with the original parts, whether to save them or sell them. I'm leaning toward selling them as it would be very difficult to go back to stock after going street rod. and also, '31 parts are extremely difficult to find and some other Pontiacker might need them.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:12 PM

pics?

My Build Thread

http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35787