Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

View Poll Results: The biggest Pontiac Event in the East is coming!
I am planning on attending Friday only 0 0%
I'll be there Friday and will contribute something for the bbq 1 2.22%
I'll be there Saturday 24 53.33%
I'll be there both days 20 44.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2016, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Default 2016 Pypes & Max Performance Open House June 17-18th

Max Performance (formerly Performance Years) in association with Pypes, Snappin Turtle Tie Downs and Cold Case Radiators is having their annual Car Show on June 17th-18th at their headquarters in Hatfield, Pa.

We are still having the 3 giant shows... all Pontiac show, American Musclecar -n- Truck show as well as a Mustang show at the facility. All three shows are following the same format... all popular vote. Online pre-registration link will be active this week ! This year will be the largest we have ever had...!

Here's why! ...

GM Carlisle is on the same weekend. We've contacted all 6 of the surrounding GTOAA and POCI Pontiac clubs and they are ALL supporting our event!

Ames Performance traditionally sets up at GM Carlisle but that show has consistently been getting smaller and smaller. It's also mostly a Chevy show. Lastly, with all the Pontiac owners supporting the Hatfield, PA event, Ames is going to want to support the Pontiac hobby. Look to see them by Friday at the Open House with their full setup. Take advantage of saving on shipping. Place your orders early!

The GTOAA Nationals are in the state of Washington this year!
The POCI Nationals are in the state of Iowa this year!

Fuel is at a 20 year low!

The Open House is already the largest and one of the only Pontiac shows GROWING each year.

More Details;
This event will also be a GTOAA East Coast Regional - Pontiac Show

FRIDAY June 17th 9-5PM is our casual cruise-in, hang out, swap meet and Mfg's Midway.

FRIDAY 5-6:30PM cruise around historic Hatfield/Lansdale area and possibly wake up a few neighbors as we pass through town.

FRIDAY 7:00PM-9PM after the cruise, we are having our Annual PY Forums reunion BBQ free to all PY Forum members, family and friends. (we are asking that you bring a small side dish, dessert, drinks, snack etc.)

SATURDAY 8:30-4PM 3 simultaneous car shows. We'll have a food court, a live band, attractions, Air conditioned hospitality suite, plenty to see, and specialty one-of-a-kind cars to drool over - not on :-)

** New for 2016, Pypes Outdoor Hospitality Pub will be setup out front. Be prepared to see an outdoor Pub like you've never seen before!

Presented by Max Performance & Pypes Exhaust
Host clubs: Susquehanna Valley GTO's, GTO Association of PA., Garden State GTO's
Event Location: Pypes, Snappin Turtle, Cold Case Radiators & Max Performance Headquarters 2705 Clemens Rd Hatfield, PA 19440

Register online:
http://www.pypesexhaust.com/openhouse or
http://www.maxperformanceinc.com/carshow.html

We have two local hotels in the area... a Holiday Inn & newly opened Courtyard by Marriott. We have blocked out rooms for the show, so use Discount code: Pypes Car Show Room Block for the Marriott $99 for a King & $109 for 2 Dbl beds and Discount Code PYG for the Holiday Inn. $99 for King or Dbl bed. Both hotels room block expires May 27th, so get them while you can..! This year, both hotels have events and rooms may not be available beyond May 27th. All of the details for both hotels are going to be on both Max Performance Inc. http://maxperformanceinc.com/carshow.html &
Pypes Exhaust web sites http://pypesexhaust.com/p-24066-pypes-openhouse.html

Old 02-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ill be there but without the car. Make it a real car show that is judged instead of a popularity context and you will get more cars. I have been screwed way too may times at popularity contest shows (ALL the Mustang guys do it as I had a Mustang and refused to do it with them) and wont bring my Judge all that distance. Sorry

Ill even get you a group who will judge if you need people!

Its a super nice show anyway!!

Im bummed though .. Would have loved to bring the Judge

And to be very honest, 4 years ago I brought my 07 Mustang GT convertible that was detailed to perfection. Wines first in every Ford show that was judged. NOTHING at your show cause all the Mustang people know that i don't go along with them to vote for who they want and thus.. nothing for me.

Never again.
And for the people here who will attack me here.. All I ask is FAIRNESS. To win a trophy *if* I deserve it and to be happily beat by cars that are nicer. Cant ask for more then that

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, Safe T track, 3.55's, ps and radio.

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White on white with black interior
4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac.
One of 26 made

Last edited by flyingn; 02-20-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:32 PM
Administrator

If we can figure out a way to do a concours class, we will do it. It's been discussed. We know it increases the car count and the quality level of cars as well. If you can shoot me an e-mail on who you think you can get to help judge and their year expertise, that would be a nice start. chrisc@maxperformanceinc.com

Old 02-21-2016, 11:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

done..

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, Safe T track, 3.55's, ps and radio.

One of 26 made
Old 02-21-2016, 11:42 AM

And another thing would greatly help is park them all on blacktop, not in a grassy / wet field. I am one and I know many others like blacktop and won't participate in the field. I love to see the high end cars also. Ok now you can jump on me. Thanks just how I feel.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:46 AM

The shows you have are very good also.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobslilgto View Post
And another thing would greatly help is park them all on blacktop, not in a grassy / wet field. I am one and I know many others like blacktop and won't participate in the field. I love to see the high end cars also. Ok now you can jump on me. Thanks just how I feel.
There is not nearly enough blacktop for all the car unfortunately. Maybe the concours cars go on the blacktop?

One of 26 made
Old 02-21-2016, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a great show. If they had a judged concours, or judged survivor class, I'd bring the '73 SD survivor back for that. I drove it there two years ago. I'm no trophy hound by any stretch of the imagination but it's nice to have your car assessed by knowledgable enthusiasts versus the "voting for your friend's car" contest.

Otherwise, I'll probably drive Gramma's 455-powered 1975 Esprit or the 2001 WS6, there.

See you in June!

Here's the SD back in 2014 at the show. It was kind of fun watching everybody walk right by it and not notice it all. (it's a sleeper).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	421673  

Last edited by njsteve; 02-21-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobslilgto View Post
If we have the concours class, we'd put that on the street.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Perfect Steve. Thats the kind of car that belongs in the Judged class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
It's a great show. If they had a judged concours, or judged survivor class, I'd bring the '73 SD survivor back for that. I drove it there two years ago. I'm no trophy hound by any stretch of the imagination but it's nice to have your car assessed by knowledgable enthusiasts versus the "voting for your friend's car" contest.

Otherwise, I'll probably drive Gramma's 455-powered 1975 Esprit or the 2001 WS6, there.

See you in June!

Here's the SD back in 2014 at the show. It was kind of fun watching everybody walk right by it and not notice it all. (it's a sleeper).

One of 26 made
Old 03-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

As far as the concourse judging, we are not going to judge ALL the Pontiac models... just the GTOs for now. We need to see how this year pans out before we jump into all models. You know... take steps before you sprint. We are working on getting a team of judges together right now.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

looking forward to this show probably the first time I will have the 31 out finished

1931 Pontiac 5 window coupe OHC6 powered
2015 GMC Yukon SLT
Old 03-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Senior Chief

This looks interesting. Not too far, and might be a good outing for us with the Chieftain, assuming I have it all together by then (seat is out for upholstery). Probably won't enter the show (do you have a survivor class? ).

1957 Chieftain 4D HT
Old 03-03-2016, 01:29 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

no survivor class. Its all pop vote. Show goers have a great time all day. Can't beat the food either... Look forward in seeing your Chieftain.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Don't forget the venders and live bands and burnout contest(ahem) too

One of 26 made
Old 03-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

well I don't know about the burnout contest... but if you do... I'm sure the police will love you... and the feeling might not be mutual...

Old 03-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

heh heh.

One of 26 made
Old 03-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgto69 View Post
well I don't know about the burnout contest... but if you do... I'm sure the police will love you... and the feeling might not be mutual...
Hey, doesn't this video of Gramma's car count? You did it. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptAubfuN8N4

Old 03-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Burnout contest? What?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Burnout contest? What?
To many cops around....
I think I'll bring the black car this time with some E78 14's on the back and see what could happen to those...