Senior Chief

Default WTB: 69 Firebird Heater Control Cables

No AC. Need a full set. Need not be new but must be functional

Old 02-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Senior Chief

Bump

Old 02-15-2010, 02:31 PM

Default 69 Firebird Heater Control Cables

I haven't looked into it yet, but I have a question...is the cable for an A/C equipped car the same one? I have a bird that I'm 3/4 of the way thru it in order to put it on the track.
I'm busy now, but I'll probably be into it by April/May. If your still in a postion of not getting one lby that time frame let me know (of course only if it's compatable) and I'll put it aside for you. I had a 69 TA back in the late 80's / early 90's that I was looking to replace some contols for it. I'm thinking that one of the parts was the heater cable (NOS). The car had no A/C. The parts are buried so it will take a long time to go thru and locate. I don't mean to string you along but with so many other commitments, sometimes it's hard to get some things done. Good luck with your search & Keep in touch.
BTW- Where are you located?

Old 02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Senior Chief

It is my understanding that the cables for a/c cars are different and are also different for 1969 versus an earlier year. This is is kind of a dead project right now that I want to get going again. These cables certainly can wait 6 months or more but I wanted to put the word out there I am looking for them

I am located in Long Island, NY. Really no rush on this but keep me in mind as you go digging

Last edited by 1stGenFB; 02-15-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

These are repro'd. Check with PY, but I know The Parts Place does carry them.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:05 PM

Hey there I have a set. I had to dig it out. I messed with 69 A and F bodies a long time ago. hardly any parts left and I can't remember if the controls I have fit a A of F body, but the cables on the controls are free.Got pics PM me