Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default - 71 Sienna, the no no color...

I will start the restauration on my 71 Lemans in the authom and are working on my "Have to order" list.

I will need some interior parts and going throug the PY catalog I do understand that my lemans has the wrong interior color, sure I can get door panels and seat covers (I guess there is a typo on the price for the kit, 409 bucks is a steal )

But when it comes to the armrest base, console lid and seat backs and so on there is nothing for the 264 Sienna.

Yeah well I guess I could buy some vinyl paint from PY... but hey I can not, you do not even have that..

I know the 264 sienna was a 1 year color for the Lemans/GTO, but I am pretty sure that I am not the only one that need parts for my interior, is there any hope that PY will add this color in the future ?

Old 07-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No replay from PY so I guess sienna still will be a no no color ?

Old 07-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It isnt PY it is the manufacurers

Old 07-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That may be so, but then again so could PY push them a little or maybe do as another company out there make their own.

I would prefer to buy my interior from PY but I would like to buy it as compleete as possible and make only one order, but if they can not get the items I need I would have to go elsewhere..

Old 07-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Sorry for the delay in seeing this. I'm pretty sure the plastic parts you want would not be 'sienna'. On almost every 'color' Pontiac interior I have ever seen, the plastic parts use a complimentary color to the seat upholstry. I think one of the brown or saddle colors should be a nice match.

btw, you mention about going elsewhere. Did you see a Sienna Vinyl dye or Sienna plastic parts from someone else? Because if you did, we can get it as well. lmk where you saw and we can research rather quickly.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

On my car the dash and consol are brown.

Ames has the Sienna on aerosol, VDM07.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Administrator

We are ordering in 48 cans of Sienna vinyl dye. If you can hang in there a couple weeks, we'll have it in stock.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good stuff, will order a color sample on the sienna interior and carpet soon and hopefully place an order in a month or two.