Old 05-04-2007, 12:07 PM

Default 97 Bonneville Highbeam switch lever

Recently I banged my knee into the access cover that is outside of the multiselector switch on my steering column. But I had also manged to upset the small black plastic bracket that interacts with the highbeam metal switch lever rod that tie the two together and I can't figure out how it all goes back in. It does not appear to be broken, but if someone had a detailed veiw of how this goes back in it would be most helpful. Or even an explaination how to do it would be better than nothing.
Thanks. Chas.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:25 PM

Still hoping someone can throw me a bone on this one. I stopped at the dealer to find out what the parts name was that fell out and they said it was the Headlight/Hi-beam Actuator. But they would only offer to write up my order for the repair department to help me fix it. Imagine that...

Old 05-30-2007, 07:11 PM

I work for a dealer and if I am understanding you correct, the only way to put it back together is to take the steering column apart to put it back in.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:19 PM

Thanks. I was afraid of that. Well my Chilton book shows how to generally get into the steering column, but as for how the piece goes back in, it does not offer that kind of detail. Can anyone refer me to a source that has a parts/assembly view of this or will I need to buy the Service Manual for the same year car?$$ I miss being able to use my brights at night...