Old 11-28-2005, 01:02 PM

Default WHITE WARRIOR

Hi Dave I met you at Stanton Mi, I was there with Scott Tieman, I had the black 62 tempest. I'm changing over to a winzler tunnel and was wondering if you could give me a few ideas on set up of the carbs (edelbrocks). Like jetting, rods and carb spacers. Have you tried the super sucker typ. 4 holes spacers? I seen some on ebay for about $30 and wondering of they're worth trying. Thanks for any help.
1962tempest

Old 11-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Senior Chief

Which AFB's are you going to use? I have jetting info for both 750's and 800s.
I used shear plates under my carbs but I don't know where you could get them now like I had [sheet metal and round tubing] A tapered spacer would probably be best as they are readily available. You also need adapters to put the AFB's inline as that manifold was designed for Holly's turned sideways.

Old 11-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Senior Chief

i have the jettings I used with both the 750 and 800 cfm edelbrocks.
The 750s had
.113 Primarys
.116 secondarys
Metering rods were;
.042 normal days
.o47 hot and humid
.o37 Cool with good air
MAKE SURE YOU USE STIFF SPRINGS WITH THE METERING RODS OR EPOXY THE VACUUM PASSAGE OR YOU COULD LEAN OUT IN HIGH GEAR.

The 800's I used
.113 Primary
.101 Secondary
.052 rods

I have a set of phenolic 4 hole adapters that will put your carbs inline if you are intersted in buying them.
Dave

Old 11-29-2005, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the info Dave. I made a new top for my intake so i could mount the afb's. They are 750's. I think I might try the tappered 4 hole spacers. If you could draw up a picture of the shear plates and maybe some approx. dimensions I could make some up and try them also.