Old 01-02-2008, 06:20 PM

Default 62 Pontiac Tempest

Hello,i am looking for a right door and fender for a 62 two door Tempest.I saw that someone wrote that they make fiberglass parts for a 63,are they the same for the 62?does anyone know what the complete rearend would be worth,the lower controll arms are rusty.it is a standard rear so i'm told but i didn't see a pedal for a standard either.Any help or imfo would help.Thanks,Dave

Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dave, the 61-62 doors and fenders are the same. 63 is a stand alone year. Try http://www.eastwestautoparts.com/ if you can't find them. They are a little pricey but should have what you need. Pat

Old 01-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I may have what you need, will check when I get home.

Keith

Old 01-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Senior Chief

Default Note on '61 fenders

Doors and fenders off a '61 will fit a '62 , however, before scrapping the old '62 fender, there is a small headlight mounting tab sometimes not found on a '61 fender. You may or may not need this tiny mounting bracket. Just thought I'd point it out.

The rear end of a standard transaxle car has a plate on the rear instead of a torque convertor hanging out of it. Price is determined by buyer usually. Four -speed manual tranny ( eight hole very square inspection plate) obviously gets more money than a more common three-speed manual ( also eight hole, but more trapezoidal shape inspection plate.

Rusty control arms not a good selling point, good axle bearings are a plus. Is the rearend in question the one posted on ebay right now?.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:38 AM

Default ebay

Yes it is on ebay right now.I'll have to take a better look at what rear it is forsure.I do know the handle is a round crome stick.Thanks,Dave