Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Senior Chief

Default '62 Four speed, four barrel Lemans found

Okay, obviously , these ropeshaft cars are all hiding in Tucson, Az. Today, while looking for my back window, we found at least four '62 lemans's within a block from each other. All in salvage yards, but seemingly untouched. 1st one, we could not find the owner/operator of the locked yard. Silver Lemans coupe, with black and gold California plates. Looks completely original.

Just around the block, we found a Red Lemans 4spd, 4 barrel Sport Coupe. This car we found the owner to. He says it does run, is an original four speed, four barrel car. Very straight body but very faded paint, may even be primer red.He claims it needs a timing chain replaced, and a new one is sitting on the seat. He claims he posted it on craigslsit several times with no hits. He was asking $2,500, but urges offers. My father and I plan to go back tuesday morning when cooler, and they can open the yard it was in, to take pictures and find more information. I will post pics as I get them in case anyone is interested in this Arizona car. I can't take anymore home.

On the opposite corner of this car, is another seemingly out of business yard(which I had visited just two years prior, and at the time he said he had tempests, but did not show me as he was closing up for the weekend) has at least two tempests stacked on other cars in a row of other same year skylarks, F-85's and darts. All these cars are within a mile off I-10 just off Alvernon.

1962 Skylark convertible 215 4-barrel , auto
2009 G8 Sport red metallic, Onyx leather
Whatever else that make my way into the driveway
Old 07-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Great info. Thanks for posting. Both sound interesting. I sent you a PM on the Silver one, would love to have one in that color.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Exclamation

John Fiedler, in CA, had one in Silver/Red interior not too long ago, for $800.