Old 07-05-2010, 06:51 PM

Default wheres a good place to get my rubbers?

So the thought of selling my 4 door the way it is has crossed my mind, but while I am waiting to make up my mind I figure why not completing it a bit more. Where is a good place to get the door seals, hood seal, trunk seal, etc for my 1962 4 door tempest? And please don't say steele rubber because they don't have everything I need.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Did you try www.soffseal.com ?? Give them a call.

POCI.org
Old 07-05-2010, 07:16 PM

I think the rear window was going to end up being a 1962 buick skylark special or somewhere along those lines. man i need to start writting this stuff down as my memory is turning to mush. Maybe its the az heat getting to me. I do recall through my efforts in trying to locate the rear window seal is that the 4 door rear window seal does not exist for the tempest in a reproduction.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:17 PM

So foward progress on the rear window seal. Steele rubber will reproduce it if I have a template of the window and a cross section of the seal. The guy said about a 4 to 5 inch long piece is enough for them to use.

Now for the steps backwards. I cut the seal around the glass on the inside of my window when I removed the glass. I do not have a cross section that is useable to be modeled after. Does anyone have a useable cross section of the window seal? I am assuming the 4 door and 2 door is going to be the same, but you know what happens when you assume.