Old 09-06-2011, 11:00 PM

Default new here with questions

hello all.
just picked up a 1963 tempest vert. that needs front end assembly. i need some help with basic parts.
will corvair brake parts work on my car?
i am in need of wheel cylinders front and rear as well as shoes all the way around. any help or suggestions would be great also possibly a master cylinder.

here is my car. bought it on saturday. it has been in the p.o.'s work shop for 20 years. there is alot of extra parts. the car itself is clean, interior is very nice and looks to be original. the convertible top is shot but the mechanicals are good. there is an extra top mechanism too. the 63 326 is rebuilt zero miles . the p.o. believes the car has 68k original miles.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

thanks in advance.

Last edited by 1963vert; 09-06-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome!! Are you missing the wheel cylinders & shoes?? If you have them, there are rebuild kits available. Rock auto www.rockauto.com stocks a lot of parts. Napa has master cylinders. Everything should be out there & available. Corvair parts wont work.

PS,,, check the members helping members thread for a current rock auto discount code.

POCI.org
Old 09-07-2011, 01:19 AM

no i have the cylinders and shoes but the cylinders are locked up pretty good. i have one one of them soaking in tranny fluid right now i am hoping with some compressed air that they can be popped loose if i have to rebuild them.
i did find rebuilt parts for all four corners but they were through the roof expensive.

in the past i heard about relining the shoes is that the way to go?

edit rock does have alot of parts, thank you for the link

Last edited by 1963vert; 09-07-2011 at 01:27 AM.